Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Concours, OEM and Fire suppression
1970 Neun vierzehn
post May 17 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,727

Not wanting to drill through my OEM carpeting on my '70, OR drill into bulkheads or floorpans, I'm wondering how and/or where to mount a HALON fire extinguisher in the 914. My last effort was fastening the F/E bracket to a small wooden base that was cut to fit transversely across the passenger side area, immediately in front of the seat. The problem with that was leg/foot encroachment when carrying a passenger, and in v. hard braking or cornering, the "snug, wedged-in fit" between the trans tunnel and door sill wasn't tight enough to always hold the F/E in place. After too many times rolling forward under hard braking, I knew a more permanent solution needed to be found. I've considered mounting the F/E under the dash panel, but the thought of drilling 4 or 6 holes there is not appealing. Has anyone found an effective way of fixing a fire extinguisher in the passenger area w/o ruining originality? BTW, placing it behind the drivers seat doesn't hold it securely enough either.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
1970 Neun vierzehn   Concours, OEM and Fire suppression   May 17 2006, 12:15 PM
Pat Garvey   I don't know how you can securely mount one wi...   May 18 2006, 09:46 AM
Leo Imperial   Causes the big C. My understanding is that if you ...   May 18 2006, 10:38 AM
1970 Neun vierzehn   Pat, We use HALON fire extinguishers here at work...   May 18 2006, 10:40 AM
Pat Garvey  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:43 PM