Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> She ran! and a gasket question
Hammy
post May 17 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #1

mr. Wonderful

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,978
Region Association: Northern California

I'm thrilled.
Started it up for the first time tonight, and I put it in and hooked it all up myself.
Finally gave up with my solenoid trouble and went out and bought a new starter yesterday. (60 bucks with lifetime warranty) Now she turns right over
Hooked up the carbs and linkage and at first couldn't get it to fire and that was a downer. After some looking around found out I had the fuel pump wired backwards (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
Turn the key.. heard it fire a couple of times and then she comes to life... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Freakin' loud without the muffler on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Anyways, I need to get some new gaskets for inbetween the heads and the carb manifolds. Is there anything specific I need to buy (size) ??
TIA.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Hammy   She ran! and a gasket question   May 17 2006, 11:04 PM
bd1308   contgrats!! :clap: nope..Look for intake ...   May 17 2006, 11:07 PM
rhodyguy   i think mentioned that during the rambling discuss...   May 17 2006, 11:12 PM
bondo   Those gaskets are near new, and the phenolic part ...   May 17 2006, 11:42 PM
Hammy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:14 PM