Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My 914 was hit... (pictures), Advice wanted... draft letter to Mr. Buttmunch (not Zois)
Rusty
post May 18 2006, 08:16 AM
Post #1

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I posted on Pelican... my car was "dented" when the place I was renting decided to have the garage door fixed.

Below is a draft letter to Mister Buttmunch. Aside from arranging a contract for Mr. Buttmunch, am I missing anything in the letter?

Mr. B****y,

The damage is extensive. Please call the police and file a report, if you have not already done so. Once the report is complete, I would appreciate it scanned into an Adobe PDF file. Any competent print shop can do so, and I'll be happy to reimburse the cost to you.

They hit the car hard enough for the chrome bumper plug to fall out (the hole the lawrence3 photo, lower left). Aside from paint, there are several issues: First is structural. The metal panel that was struck is perpendicular to the rear trunk floor where the transmission mounts. That will need to be checked by a body shop very familiar with this model car.

Next, the decklid (rear trunk lid) may need to be replaced. Picture 4 shows that it is misaligned. I can't tell if the entire lid is warped. The lid hinges and mounting points need to be checked. The bumper top is unrepairable. Impossible to know if the chrome bumper is intact without disassembly - damage to the top mounting surface is possible, as the rubber top is bolted to the top of the chrome unit.

Please invite the adjuster. I will be interested in his comments. You may print this for him if you like.

I will try to arrange to have someone with a high resolution digital camera come visit to take pictures. I will let you know when they will able to visit.

Thank you.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Lawrence   My 914 was hit... (pictures)   May 18 2006, 08:16 AM
tdgray   Damn L that sucks. That's going to be spendy ...   May 18 2006, 08:22 AM
rhodyguy   htf does repairing a door evolve into backing into...   May 18 2006, 08:32 AM
Lawrence  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:03 AM