Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> fuel genie, more power?
motorpants
post May 21 2006, 11:51 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,516

send inside diameters of either the intake hose or carb stacks and I'll call these jokers - I'll get'm

couple things...

-I have nothing to do with company in any way

-this thing does'nt spin - its a stationary twisted shape

-throttle attitude by the driver is key point! - PERHAPS subconciously maybe I might have been a little easy on the go pedal - next fill up I am going to over compensate to remove this factor - good point and something I thought about

-what are some of you guys scared of? Breakthroughs happen all the time, maybe the dude who thought of this has 50 years in a F1 R&D lab - probably not but the guys probably not retard either.

If I consistantly shaved a 10th off a lap time because I wore I green sock and one blue - I would search for a reason but in the mean time I would continue to wear the stupid socks

PM me an address to fedex a gizmo - if these fuel genie bitches will not pony up I'll send one (out of pocket) for an FI car - if somone wants to dyno it

josh
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
davep
post May 21 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #22

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(motorpants @ May 21 2006, 09:51 AM) *

-this thing does'nt spin - its a stationary twisted shape

It doesn't have to move to create turbulence since the air itself is already moving. Any obstruction in the flow path will introduce turbulence. The obstruction does not have to reduce flow itself, but will add some resistance at least. Various methods of introducing turbulence are used in high performance heat exchangers to improve the coefficent of heat transfer.

To say that this would screw up the air fuel mixture is incorrect. The fuel is metered according to the volume or mass of the air flow along with other methods with either carbs or FI. Better fuel economy would come from a more efficient burn and greater power at lower RPM.

I'm not saying that this device delivers on it's promise, I'm only trying to put a bit of science into this thread. I'm a hype buster along with everyone else.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:50 PM