Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1.8 Rebuild Won't Idle
jwilliamadams
post May 20 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #21

Will Adams

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,010
Region Association: None

Greetings,

I have rebuilt my 1.8 and at the same time used new slip in pistons and cylinders that were slightly larger (93x66mm, which I believe works to 1.9+L). The place I purchased them from (West Coast Core in CA) assured me that my L-Jet FI would still work great. Well, I can't get the damn thing to idle. I do not have any vacuum leaks (sure of it.) Timing and dwell are right on. Fuel pressure is good. It runs great past idle with all kinds of power. I have the idle adj screw all the way maxed. At this setting it maybe idles at 700RPM. I have a second air flow meter from same year (1974) that I know works and tried it out with same results. Is it possible that with the new p/c size they are needing more air at idle, more than can be sent through the current idle air port in the throttle assembly?

Thanks for any help!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jwilliamadams   1.8 Rebuild Won't Idle   May 20 2006, 09:47 AM
srb7f   Does it hunt when it idles? The 2.0 I just instal...   May 20 2006, 10:38 AM
jwilliamadams   It's not hunting. Still not sure what is goin...   May 26 2006, 11:28 AM
drewvw  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 09:55 AM