Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hoopa Hill Climb, Looks like we can run
Randal
post Jun 14 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 13 2006, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 13 2006, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 13 2006, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jun 4 2006, 06:49 PM) *

nothing yet. randal's in africa still iirc.

I'm back in Los Altos after a great trip. Will try to get ahold of Loren today.

Randal

I've left phone messages for both Loren and Tina Johnson (event chairperson), so hopefully will hear back from them tonight.

As soon as I hear I'll post.

One of the event chairpersons (Nancy) just called me. She'll be faxing the application to me tomorrow, along with all the logistic information.

As soon as I scan the entry struff we'll get it sent out to everyone via e-mail.

We can converse on line about which hotel, lunch menu, etc.

More tomorrow.

OK, I have the forms for entry. They are attached below. I'll also send these forms by e-mail to everyone's e-mail address I have that showed interest.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jun 14 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 14 2006, 02:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 13 2006, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 13 2006, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Jun 13 2006, 11:25 AM) *

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jun 4 2006, 06:49 PM) *

nothing yet. randal's in africa still iirc.

I'm back in Los Altos after a great trip. Will try to get ahold of Loren today.

Randal

I've left phone messages for both Loren and Tina Johnson (event chairperson), so hopefully will hear back from them tonight.

As soon as I hear I'll post.

One of the event chairpersons (Nancy) just called me. She'll be faxing the application to me tomorrow, along with all the logistic information.

As soon as I scan the entry struff we'll get it sent out to everyone via e-mail.

We can converse on line about which hotel, lunch menu, etc.

More tomorrow.

OK, I have the forms for entry. They are attached below. I'll also send these forms by e-mail to everyone's e-mail address I have that showed interest.

OK that didn't work, because of the file size. I'll send the attachment by e-mail.
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Jun 19 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 71
Region Association: Southern California

I just got my entry forms from Tina. Right now I'm thinking that I'll pull a gonzo drive up on the proceding Thursday. I'll be coming out of south Orange county. Anyone want to caravan, meet for lunch, dinner, whatever on the way? I'll be driving the hillclimber...

Regards,
Kevin
+Quote Post
drew365
post Jun 19 2006, 05:35 PM
Post #24

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

I'm not positive I'm going but I'm hoping to. If I do, I plan on leaving L.A. early Friday morning like about 6 a.m. I'm hoping it can be a 10 hour drive which would get me there in time for evening tech and drivers meeting. Is this too optomistic? I really don't want to have to make it a 5 day weekend.
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jun 19 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE(drew365 @ Jun 19 2006, 04:35 PM) *

I'm not positive I'm going but I'm hoping to. If I do, I plan on leaving L.A. early Friday morning like about 6 a.m. I'm hoping it can be a 10 hour drive which would get me there in time for evening tech and drivers meeting. Is this too optomistic? I really don't want to have to make it a 5 day weekend.

It's 520 miles from Button Willow to Eureka, so that is about 10 hours at normal highway speeds. How long does it take you to get to Button Willow from LA?

Randal
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Jun 19 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(drew365 @ Jun 19 2006, 04:35 PM) *

Wow man. I google-earthed the drive. It says 702 miles from Dana Point to Eureka. I think 10 hours may be a little optimistic. You're towing aren't you?
+Quote Post
drew365
post Jun 19 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #27

These are the good old days!

Member No.: 37

Google says it's 642 miles from my place in SF Valley. Doable, but definitely a long day. I'm assuming the trip across 299 is pretty windy? Yes, I tow a 20ft. enclosed trailer with my diesel p/u. A lot of trouble for four runs, I'm not feeling real positive about it right now.
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post Jun 20 2006, 09:27 AM
Post #28

After sleeping on this I've decided that 4 passes isn't enough for a 1500 mile drive. I'm out. If I happen to be in that area at the right time some day...

Later,
Kevin
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 20 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #29

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

QUOTE(drew365 @ Jun 19 2006, 07:11 PM) *

Google says it's 642 miles from my place in SF Valley. Doable, but definitely a long day. I'm assuming the trip across 299 is pretty windy? Yes, I tow a 20ft. enclosed trailer with my diesel p/u. A lot of trouble for four runs, I'm not feeling real positive about it right now.

299 is very twisty - great 914 road. For those towing remember it will be scorching hot coming up HWY 5. I sent in registration today!
+Quote Post
bigequip
post Jul 1 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #30

bigequip

Member No.: 3,237

Attached Image
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 20 2006, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(drew365 @ Jun 19 2006, 07:11 PM) *

299 is very twisty - great 914 road. For those towing remember it will be scorching hot coming up HWY 5. I sent in registration today!

I have driven 299 pulling a trailer and it is about a 25 mph average. You can't speed on 299 as it is real sharp curves and windy. Great for someone driving their teen. I would like to go but it is too far for only 4 runs from Corona. I will be running in St. John's, AZ the next weekend on a airport track.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 3 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #31

Arrrrhhhh!

Who is registered and what are your plans? I think my wife, Sheilah, is going to come along and we'll have our dog too. I have a camping set up for the truck, but thinking it might be fairly miserable if its real hot. ...So thinking of staying in a hotel close by.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jul 3 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #32

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

hey grant!

i sent in my registration, but haven't heard any confirmation... have you?

anyway, i'm in. i'll by trailering up, Zoya is coming (so i'm glad Sheilah will be there -- they'll have someone to hang out with), and the tentative plan is to camp, but we might decide on a local motel also. i've offered to Randal to co-drive my car, but haven't heard one way or the other. i think he was still interested in coming -- even if just to spectate -- but that might have changed. most everyone
(Bill P, Dan, et al) else is prolly headed to the GGR TT.

could you email me a day time ph number? it'd be nice to camp/lodge next to each other.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jul 3 2006, 01:51 PM
Post #33

Member Emeritus

Hey Trekkor! are you in?
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jul 3 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #34

Member Emeritus

grant -- caravan up the 101?
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 3 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #35

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jul 3 2006, 12:49 PM) *

hey grant!

i sent in my registration, but haven't heard any confirmation... have you?

anyway, i'm in. i'll by trailering up, Zoya is coming (so i'm glad Sheilah will be there -- they'll have someone to hang out with), and the tentative plan is to camp, but we might decide on a local motel also. i've offered to Randal to co-drive my car, but haven't heard one way or the other. i think he was still interested in coming -- even if just to spectate -- but that might have changed. most everyone
(Bill P, Dan, et al) else is prolly headed to the GGR TT.

could you email me a day time ph number? it'd be nice to camp/lodge next to each other.

I havent had confirmation yet either although I recieved a brochure on the hillclimb. Figured I would call within the next week to confirm if I dont get anything else.

Did you find any places to camp? I was hoping to find a place that had showers etc. If not I think I may camp the first night and then do motel.

I will have the "new" truck and will be flat towing if I dont find a trailer.

Sheilah thinks this will be fun. I'm still not sure ....dragging 914 behind a truck in 100 degree weather ...sweating like crazy .....to drive up a hill a couple of times? Sounds sort of silly to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

And yes I think caravan would be a great!
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jul 3 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #36

Member Emeritus

[quote]

Did you find any places to camp? I was hoping to find a place that had showers etc. If not I think I may camp the first night and then do motel. [/quote]

no, but i haven't looked, either. honestly, now that zoya is coming we'll probably just find a motel. [/quote]

[quote]dragging 914 behind a truck in 100 degree weather ...sweating like crazy .....to drive up a hill a couple of times? Sounds sort of silly to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
[/quote]

are you kidding? it's bat-shit crazy! should be a good time!
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Jul 4 2006, 01:15 AM
Post #37

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

I'm out...

Got your message Nate. I was at Marine World with the family all day.

Maybe another time.

Get pics and video...and be careful!!

KT
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jul 4 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #38

Member Emeritus

so grant, according to the brochure, we need to be up there on Friday for Tech from 4-8pm and the driver's meeting at 8.30pm.

yahoo maps says it's 6 hours from SF. i can't tell if it'd be faster going up the 5 or the 101. would you like to meet in SF at like 10am? that ought to give us time to deal with the inevitable flat tire, eat lunch, check into a motel, and make tech with some time for dinner.

edit: also, it's windows up or arm restraints/window-net -- and a 5BC extinguisher. i think you'll need side-bars to make your cage GCR legal, but i doubt they'd call you on that...
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 4 2006, 10:12 PM
Post #39

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jul 4 2006, 01:11 PM) *

so grant, according to the brochure, we need to be up there on Friday for Tech from 4-8pm and the driver's meeting at 8.30pm.

yahoo maps says it's 6 hours from SF. i can't tell if it'd be faster going up the 5 or the 101. would you like to meet in SF at like 10am? that ought to give us time to deal with the inevitable flat tire, eat lunch, check into a motel, and make tech with some time for dinner.

edit: also, it's windows up or arm restraints/window-net -- and a 5BC extinguisher. i think you'll need side-bars to make your cage GCR legal, but i doubt they'd call you on that...

Sounds good. I will have extinguisher and will figure out a window net. Given my car is street legal and will have top I dont think I will get much crap for lack of side bars.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jul 4 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #40

Member Emeritus

Sounds good. I will have extinguisher and will figure out a window net. Given my car is street legal and will have top I dont think I will get much crap for lack of side bars.

yeah. they say you don't need window nets if you roll up the widows. weird rule, seems like it should be the opposite in terms of 'driver extraction' -- but maybe they're expecting us to roll the car into some trees or something. yay.

Randal is still interested in coming up, should be a party!
+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 08:22 AM