Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Did first autox today, lots of fun but lots to learn...
turboman808
post May 21 2006, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,505
Region Association: North East States

Saw a few club members and lots of 914s. Got to admit I was happy it was a very slow course.

First 3 runs I drifted all over the place and took out lots of cones. Kinda fun but I guess the idea is not to hit the cones. I just had to accept I cannot just mash the gas coming out of the corners. Works on the civic really well not so good in the 914. Well at least not when I don't know how to throttle steer.

2 914s did some really nice throttle steer going through the last few turns to the finish. I tried to imitate as best I could.

Final 4 or was it 5 runs I just took it a bit easier. Car has power!!! To my surprise my times got better and better until I finaly ran a 52.2. Car has alot more in it but I was pleased with what I had accoplished for the day.

Can't say I was to please with how they had this place run. It went really fast but you couldn't get a chance to see other peoples times and talked to others between runs. If they would have run it in just 2 groups instead of 4 it might have given more time to figure out what you could improve and check tires and such. That being said I have no idea how others did. The lunch truck was a nice touch though.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:36 AM