Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did first autox today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Saw a few club members and lots of 914s. Got to admit I was happy it was a very slow course.

First 3 runs I drifted all over the place and took out lots of cones. Kinda fun but I guess the idea is not to hit the cones. I just had to accept I cannot just mash the gas coming out of the corners. Works on the civic really well not so good in the 914. Well at least not when I don't know how to throttle steer.

2 914s did some really nice throttle steer going through the last few turns to the finish. I tried to imitate as best I could.

Final 4 or was it 5 runs I just took it a bit easier. Car has power!!! To my surprise my times got better and better until I finaly ran a 52.2. Car has alot more in it but I was pleased with what I had accoplished for the day.

Can't say I was to please with how they had this place run. It went really fast but you couldn't get a chance to see other peoples times and talked to others between runs. If they would have run it in just 2 groups instead of 4 it might have given more time to figure out what you could improve and check tires and such. That being said I have no idea how others did. The lunch truck was a nice touch though.

turboman808
Oh I did take a few pictures.
JPB
Cool, hope your hooked. I hope to do the same sometime soon.

rocking nana.gif
Andyrew
Tell us about your car!

I havent seen you post anything about it...

turboman808
It's got a 2.7 motors putting out 240hp and I forget the torque. Has modern fuel injection with haltech engine management. I am still not sure what tranny it has I thought a 915 then I see something about a 916 tranny. Has 930 4 caliper brakes all around which I would really like to try out soon.

I'm working on the interior right now. Got some parts from engman and renspeed and prdered some cow hide to get started.

Yarin took some shots yesterday. He posted the link in another message.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=52290

It's the blue 914 smile.gif
I seriously got to finish the interior this week.
anthony
Cool! For me autocross is more about me learning to drive my car at the limit. Often it's hard to compare times across the board since everybody has a different car, some people are on race tires, etc.

Mostly I've been autocrossing the 911 lately because in a way it's so fun to drive. It's much more of a handful to drive but rewarding when you nail it.

I've also autocrossed my stock 914 2.0L and it's more of a "full gas, full brake, and steer" sort of car. Still fun in it's own right. With less power it's much more important to nail the lines and carry speed through the turns.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.