Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Seats installed..., Tight fit if you're taller than I am though...
jhadler
post May 22 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #1

Long term tinkerer...

Group: Members
Member No.: 529

Finally got the Corbeau Forza seats installed in the teener this weekend. I know some other people ha asked me about them, and I said I'd let you know when they were installed. I figured just starting a thread would be the easiest way.

A couple issues:

1) The "adapter" rails that came with the seats are nearly worthless. Not entirely though... Nothing a drill press, a grinding wheel and a rat tailed file couldn't solve. Apart from needing to drill new holes in the factory seat rails to fit the seats, the handle needs to be removed so the seat can be adjusted. The stock lever hits the seat before it can release the latch. So off with the handle. Still adjusts and locks just fine, just less of a lever to grab hold of is all.

2) If you're tall, it'll be close. With the roof on, and my open face helmet, there's about an inch to spare. I can barely get a finger between the roof and the top of my helmet. No interference, but it's close. If I were any taller, it might be an issue to autox with the roof on. I'm 5' 6"...

3) The bolstered seats accentuate the oddities of a hand-built car. On my car the seat and the steering wheel are not aligned. The steering wheel and pedal cluster are a couple inches to the right of center with the seat mounted on the factory rails. I plan on moving the seat over to center it, but right now, it's okay. After 15 seconds in the seat you don't notice anymore...

There are the "issues" I've noticed. Still, a nice seat, and a good price.

-Josh2

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jhadler   Seats installed...   May 22 2006, 10:49 AM
djm914-6   The only reason I added a headliner to my was was ...   May 22 2006, 12:37 PM
jhadler   Seeing as I don't use my e-brake, I couldn...   May 22 2006, 12:42 PM
Andyrew   I cut all of the factory mounts off, and made new ...   May 22 2006, 07:02 PM
Dave-O  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:23 AM