Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: WTF is a "Tax Disc Holder" for?
ninefourteener
post May 24 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #1

Perfectly Normal Guy :)

Group: Members
Member No.: 779

Ok..... I know someone is going to chime in here and make me feel completely stupid.... but I had to ask anyway.

I do eBay searches constantly on both the 914, the Mazda 3, and the WRX...... and I used to do them on the RSX as well...... People are selling "Tax Disc Holders" like they are going out of style. So much in fact, I almost bought one.

It certainly would help if I knew what the hell they were for.

Ok now.... someone make me feel dumber--LOL (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

--Matt
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
double-a
post May 24 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

isn't the tax disc a british/euro thing? they're probably used for displaying proof that the vehicle taxes have been paid, but that's just a guess.

~a
+Quote Post
fiid
post May 24 2006, 09:00 AM
Post #3

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

In the UK they don't have the sticker thing on the license plate - they have a little round paper disc that is displayed in one corner of your windshield. Kind of similar to some states in the US where there are stickers for tax and inspection.

Also - the plate sticks to the car - so it's really pretty rare to actualy take a license plate off a car. You also never have to go to the DMV - all that stuff is handled by mail.

Different system... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
hcdmueller
post May 24 2006, 09:09 AM
Post #4

?????????????

Member No.: 5,527
Region Association: England

The UK system of inspecting and registering an automobile worked way better than anything I have done in the states. Some people may disagree. It is very expensive over there. The taxes you pay for your vehicle go by engine size and a normal American car would pay the max taxes. A couple years ago I was paying 180GBP for the year IIRC. That was for a 2.0L Nissan. Everything you need to do registration and tax wise is done at the post office. Take the proper paperwork and money and you walk out with a shiny new Tax Disc for your car. Then you simply display on your windscreen as they like to call it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 10:59 AM