Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> GT woes
TonyAKAVW
post Sep 26 2003, 07:17 PM
Post #1

That's my ride.

Group: Members
Member No.: 166
Region Association: None

So my 914 has finally succumbed to the oxide disease and I am in need of a new roller. I've got a ton of good parts form my 73 chassis, so I don't want to just throw that all away. In the long term my goal is to put together some kind of GT-lookalike with either a 6 cylinder Porsche engine or something else? Anyway, I certainly don't mind having a stock 914 for the time being, but lets say I were to come across a roller that had GT fenders on it. Lets assume this was a good roller with no major issues and stock in every way except the fender flares. What am I to do?

In the one case I have a roller with all my parts transferred over which looks really silly because I don't have wide wheels/tires. I figure I have the following options...

1. Spacers - really unattractive idea to me, both in terms of safety and looks
2. Get really wide wheels - too expensive for me now, because it would also require a new 911 front suspension and so on. Can't afford all of that at the moment
3. Get some more reasonable wheels like 7-8 inch phone dials and minimal spacers - still expensive and probalby need a 911 front suspension still
4. take off the flares and use the fenders from my current car, returning the car to its stock look.
5. Wait for another roller.

Since I've had my 914 apart for 6 months I figure I can wait a while longer for another roller to come up. So thats the most tempting thing to do now. On the other hand I could remove the fenders btu I'm wondering how messy that is to de-fenderize a car...

Anyone have suggestions?

-Tony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
TonyAKAVW   GT woes   Sep 26 2003, 07:17 PM
swood   I may have a roller for you with only minor issues...   Sep 26 2003, 07:39 PM
Mueller   You can get 8" (or wider) wheels that'll fit u...   Sep 26 2003, 07:54 PM
TonyAKAVW   wow! Thanks for the tip. I always liked the ...   Sep 26 2003, 07:56 PM
mharrison   I can't beleive that you would pass up a rolle...   Sep 26 2003, 09:46 PM
swood   dude....chill. :shades:   Sep 26 2003, 10:17 PM
Aaron Cox   please tell me it's not the light blue 71........   Sep 26 2003, 10:57 PM
swood   No worries bud. Let know how it goes. :headbanger:   Sep 26 2003, 11:10 PM
TonyAKAVW   No, its not a light blue one... Why would I take ...   Sep 26 2003, 11:56 PM
markb   I've still got the yellow 72 with wide GT flar...   Sep 27 2003, 12:01 AM
TonyAKAVW   Thats the one I'm talking about :)   Sep 27 2003, 12:08 AM
swood   Sorry, but those rears are a bit much. :blink:   Sep 27 2003, 01:06 AM
Aaron Cox   ah crap- i posted that and have emailed the guy fo...   Sep 27 2003, 08:50 AM
ArtechnikA  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:47 AM