Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> INDY, great finish
GeorgeRud
post May 28 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Luckily, both the 500 and Monaco were close by on the channels, so much surfing during the broadcasts. It looked like Schumacher had a great race coming from the back of the grid, and I think there was one or two other passes, but that was about it for Monaco it seemed.

It was fun to see the stratagies and luck from the 500. You have to be there and ready to win at the end of the race - who would you rather have coaching your team other than Penske? A Fun Time by all!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post May 28 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #22

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I was rooting for Kanaan (sp?) as well, but really loved the finish of the race. A little more experience and I think that marco Andretti could have held on to the victory. After the failed pass attempt the prior lap, I thought the rookie had it sewn.

When Hornish whipped around at the last freak'n second for the winning pass, I actually yelled "holy shit, he did it..." right in front of my fiance's grand mother. I did not turn around to see if I was getting evil eyes...

Especially after Hornish's bad pit, I did not think that he could pull it off.

Left turns are boring, but I usually do watch the Indy 500.
Zach
+Quote Post
URY914
post May 29 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #23

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I think Marco must have lifted at the end. He was passed like he was standing still. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Lou W
post May 29 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #24

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

QUOTE(URY914 @ May 29 2006, 01:24 PM) *

I think Marco must have lifted at the end. He was passed like he was standing still. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

It makes you wonder, I think it was a lap earlier, Sam rushed up on him then backed off, I guess Sam was waiting for just the right moment to pass him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post May 29 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #25

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

DRAFTING................
+Quote Post
URY914
post May 29 2006, 03:51 PM
Post #26

****************************************************************************************************

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 29 2006, 12:44 PM) *

DRAFTING................

I recorded it and watched it several times. He didn't draft him, he just closed on him and passed him. I still think the kid lifted at the end thinking he had the race won.
+Quote Post
maf914
post May 30 2006, 09:04 AM
Post #27

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

On Speed News later on Sunday, Robin Miller and Derek Daily commented that they thought Marco with a decent lead on Hornish had not run turns 3 and 4 hard enough on the final lap, giving Hornish a chance to catch and pass him. It was quite a finish just the same. The final caution ruined Tony Kanaan's chance, just when he was showing he had the speed, and it put the Andrettis and Hornish back to the front.
+Quote Post
Pompano Beach 914V8
post May 30 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 216

I hate watching any sporting event other than the American 3 ball sports,,,b-ball, african round ball, american f ball (30minute game stretched to 3+ hours) on network TV. The announcers are SOOOO BAD they insult my intelligence. They treat motorsports the same as the Olympics, just a series of pre-written personal stories with the actual event as unfortunate background intrusion to their mindless blather.

This one took the cake. What a bunch of usless drama (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) the last 20 laps. There were pit-stops and strategy happening at break-neck speed and these guys barely covered it.
+Quote Post
URY914
post May 30 2006, 11:34 AM
Post #29

Rusty Wallace doing a Indy race!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/owned.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)
+Quote Post
maf914
post May 30 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #30

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

QUOTE(URY914 @ May 30 2006, 09:34 AM) *

Yeah, I agree. ABC/ESPN is going to get some of the NASCAR races next year and they want Rusty to get some practice before they use him as the NASCAR color man. He's not terrible and he tries to kiss up to the Indy car fans, but why use a NASCAR driver when there are retired Indy/Champ car drivers out there that speak well and understand the series? Do Indy car fans need a NASCAR driver to explain the sport to them? Then toss in Brent Musberger and his melodramatic posturing. It can be hard to take. I have stopped watching the Olympics because of the over abundence of up-close-and-personnals and the lack of actual event coverage. I can't take it anymore! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Oh, the CBS coverage of F1 sucks compared to the Speed coverage. And why can't they broadcast the damned races live? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 04:41 PM