Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Memorial Day Present, 3 years late
Poor-sche Lover
post May 28 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,190

So, I know you all love these "barnyard find" stories, so here's a new one. As you can see, I'm in southeast Kansas, a.k.a. the land that 914's forgot. So, when I started my restoration several years ago, I was looking for a donor car. Luckily, I found one in my own town (of 150 people, who'da thunk it). It used to be an Olympic Blue 1.8. It didn't have an engine/transmission/rear suspension, and was broken in half, but it had the parts I needed. So, I bought it for $100, and got to work stripping parts. As part of the deal, I got to keep the car in the guy's unkempt backyard so that I didn't have to truck the heap home. After a while, I had the car stripped to it's skivvies, so I left the body to the forces of nature.

Skip ahead 3 years.

Some dude bought a 914 project, was driving by, and saw the definitive lines of an Olympic Blue 914 in a pile of weeds. He called me up, and I mentioned that I owned the car in the field. I told him that there was nothing left on it, that I had all the parts here. He then told me that he went back there, and thought that he saw the engine/transmission/rear suspension under a tarp. I spent weeks working on that car. I never saw no stinking tarp! But who am I to doubt him. So, armed with the knowledge that since I bought the "car," it was therefore mine, I went to check it out myself. Well, it is true!!!!! I don't know if it turns over or anything, but it's a side-shifter, and it's NOT a 1.8. I have another 2.0! 3-stud heads with a GA engine code. This is un-freaking believable! How could I have missed this jewel after spending so much time over there? I don't understand it, but I like it. I have an extra rear-half of a 914. How cool is that?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 09:54 AM