Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This weekend's A/X in Mt Dora., The saga continues...
URY914
post May 30 2006, 07:57 AM
Post #1

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I ran a PCA event today. I was fourth overall. A Boxster with a four time SCCA National Champ driving, a 996 GT3 and a early 911 beat me. My group ran last in the hottest part of the day and I was sliding all over the place. This time the front end was sticking and the back end was loose. I'm still dialing in this thing. I was running 22 psi in all four tires. I may be running too much front bar also. The oil leak is back but it is not the v-cover gaskets, it seems to be a p-rod tube seal on the right side. I'm going to adjust the valves before the next event so I'll fix it then. I have another idea at the front on the engine that I need to look at too.

Now for the rant: This was a "multi event weekend" hosted by the Citrus Region of PCA. It is held in Mt. Dora FL, a little village type town with shops and a old hotel that is the main site. The typical PCA weekend get-a-way. I only attend the a/x as I can't drive my car in the rally and my car is not really concours prepped. We have a ten year old daughter and there nothing for her to do. The entire weekend is $2-$300. I go to register of the a/x and the entry fee is $50.00 fuching dollars!!! And the kicker is because I only am registering for the a/x and not the entire weekend I don't get classified with the other cars. This means no trophy if I win. I could get FTD and don't get anything. $50.00 for 4 runs with no stupid trophy? There were 6 guys that showed up for ONLY the a/x on Sunday and each of us were saying we won't be back. If you signed up for the entire weekend the a/x was included in the price. I spoke to a few of the people and they were saying the intent is to have you sign up for the entire weekend and each event of the weekend will be cheaper. So they may have made $300 from the six of us this year but they will make $0 from us next year. If they would charge $20-30 as most regions do for a typical a/x I'd be back. Instead of making a little money, they will be making no money next year. Who is the marketing wizard that put this plan together?

Rant #2: The average age of the people at the event had to be 55 or older. At this rate the PCA will be gone in 15 years.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
URY914   This weekend's A/X in Mt Dora.   May 30 2006, 07:57 AM
carr914   In 15 years, young kids will ask themselves, Porsc...   May 30 2006, 09:56 AM
URY914   I'm with you on the website. What's it tak...   May 30 2006, 10:24 AM
Joe Ricard   Uh Paul..... 4th out of 6 drivers kinda sucks. I ...   May 30 2006, 10:37 AM
URY914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 02:29 PM