Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Motor Trend Classic, picture of 1970 'car of the year'
RogerYellow914
post May 30 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,230

I found this in the May/June 2006 issue of Motor Trend Classic. The caption reads, "THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA Motor Trend held its first Import Car of the Year contest in 1970. Porsche's mid-engine 914 won, and the staff wanted to make a big splash of it. Shooter Fred Enke went big, for sure - the barge was more than 80 feet long. This oddly conceived cavalcade set sail from the Port of Los Angeles in San Pedro. The female model was an unnamed Petersen Publishing stafer, and the hapless dude in the rowboat was executive editor Dick Wells. The wind was up that day, and the barge nearly overwhelmed the rowboat on numerous occasions. But they got the shot."

Attached Image

I thought ya'll would get a kick out of this. And the car looks like my baby!

Thanks to my wife for scanning, sticking both halves together and saving it in a format that could post.

-Roger
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
RogerYellow914   Motor Trend Classic   May 30 2006, 11:36 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 03:15 PM