Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> exceptional 72 on ebay
JPB
post Jun 2 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #21

The Crimson Rocket smiles in your general direction.

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,107

Wow, nice car. If the reserve was lower like 5K then it would be a good investment. Its like a house, one never purchases at market value as for any item.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 4 2006, 07:55 PM
Post #22

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(tod914 @ Jun 2 2006, 04:04 PM) *

Clean original cars like that in this neck of the woods are few and far between. Especially to see one come up for sale. That's kind of why I'm interested. Guess I was hoping for a good buy. On that note.. good bye.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
Well, I can't believe it! Forced my significant other to eBay to view this car. Her comment was "can I have it?" - expected just the opposite. Then she said "If we win the bid, can we put a motor in it with more poop?"

After 2 shots of Jack Daniels I informed her that the reserve was probably over 10K. Then she told me that was too much (like I didn't know that myself), but if we could get it under 10 she'd go for it (SHE'D go for it?). Well, one must be patint & diplomatic about these things.

So, what's the feel here? Anyone think this could be had for under 10? Or, should I just bid it & see what happens? Every time I think I understand her.........
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Jun 4 2006, 08:37 PM
Post #23

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

Pat, I have bought and sold several cars on Ebay. If I were serious about this car I would email the seller and ask for a phone number and best time to call. Talk with him to learn more about the car and see if he will reveal his reserve. Also see if he is willing to end the auction for a certain price. If he chooses to keep the auction going, and does not reveal a reserve price of more than your budget, I would use one of the computer bidding services to enter my absolute top dollar bid. It will be entered within the last 30 seconds or so (if the current bid is not already above your top dollar). You may win at less than your top dollar, at your top dollar, or lose the bid. Regardless you gave it your best shot and will not get caught in an irrational bidding war where you pay too much.
Regardless, if $10 is your top (then bid $10001 or some amount just slightly more than $10) don't bid now (unless with bid napper or bid snipe.com). Bidding now just drives up the bidding and gives you less chance of winning. If you decide to enter a direct bid, wait until the last minute and bid your top dollar then. Maybe you win, maybe not.
+Quote Post
tod914
post Jun 4 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Hey Pat good luck with it! If it was under ten it would be here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) The reserve is over 10 and under 15 from what I have been told by the owner. I doubt he will let it go for under 10. Maybe around 12 or so. That was the impression i was given when speaking to him. Give him call. Real nice guy and real car buff.
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Jun 4 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #25

I don't know the eastern market, but the car might go for $12K given that relatively rust free cars are rare in the east. In addition, the car appears to be "show car" clean. However, it is a '72 1.7 and they never go as high as a '73/'74 2.0 in equal condition. I will be surprised if it goes beyond $10 on Ebay unless the top bidder is local enough to have personally inspected the car. If I am right, and the reserve is not reached, the owner will likely lower his price if he truly wants to sell. That's when you contact him to see if you can reach a mutually acceptable price.
+Quote Post
tod914
post Jun 5 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

From what I noticed at some of the NNJRPCA events, most of the 911 owners choke when they see a 914 priced/valued over 10K. To the right person, it probally is worth that Jim. Im reflecting on prices from 4 years ago when pristine 24K mile 2.0s were around the 12K mark. That's why I can't justify a 65K 72 for the same amount of money. I suppose values have certianly increased in that time.
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Jun 5 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #27

It's going to be fun to watch where the auction goes. I have been paying close attention to the 914 market for about 5 years (as most of us Club junkies have) and there is no doubt that 914 values have been climbing rapidly. The car we're talking about was probably worth $7-8K max. 5 years ago. $12K would be more than a 50% increase.
+Quote Post
914-8
post Jun 5 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 5,461

Yeah, will be interesting to see.

My guess: If you're willing to pay $10K, you will end up owning that car.
+Quote Post
Chris Pincetich
post Jun 5 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #29

B-)

Member No.: 4,907
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 4 2006, 06:55 PM) *

So, what's the feel here? Anyone think this could be had for under 10? Or, should I just bid it & see what happens? Every time I think I understand her.........

Sounds like you situation has changed a bit. With the woman on your side, I have this question to pose: (Q) What is a woman's favorite activity? (A) Shopping! With her on board you could take you $10,000 and shop around for another month and get a lot more "poop" for your $$ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Jun 7 2006, 09:35 AM
Post #30

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jun 5 2006, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 4 2006, 06:55 PM) *

Sounds like you situation has changed a bit. With the woman on your side, I have this question to pose: (Q) What is a woman's favorite activity? (A) Shopping! With her on board you could take you $10,000 and shop around for another month and get a lot more "poop" for your $$ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
For the first time in my memory SHE was in favor of going for it. I, on the other, came to MY senses. It's not worth that kind of money to me. I absolutley have to have a stock 6 before I croak & that's what I'm holding out for. The money spent on this 4, which is identical to the one I already own, can go a long way towards my dream. I also have a 73 T that just sits around most of the time, that I need to come to grips with selling. Had it for about 15 years, so it's become a "child". I have no problem parting with money, but can't give up my cars but am finding it more & more difficult to keep up with multiple vintage cars. Decisions!
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Jun 10 2006, 12:36 PM
Post #31

Only made $7366. Worth more than that I think. Maybe the owner would be more flexible now. Worth a call if anyone has the number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-914...1QQcmdZViewItem
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 09:18 AM