Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Going to my first A/X this saturday, Any advice for a n00b?
mudfoot76
post Jun 1 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Currently teenerless :-(

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,814
Region Association: None

This saturday I have my first A/X. Garold has given me a few tips already for setup, but I'd like to solicit the rest of you for advice. The event is being held at a local airport, and promises a "huge" course, using one of the mile-long runways. Supposedly, the tarmac material is much more abrasive than typical streets or track surfaces. I'm used to driving on a road course (Putnam Park), and I know this will be different and need the car set up differently for optimal performance.

Tires - 205/60-15, I'll set them all to 35 PSI cold
Suspension - I have adjustable Konis (red), and rear springs are 140#, fronts stock. Stock front sway bar, no rear bar. At the track, I have the shocks set at 1/4 turn up from full soft. I'm planning on setting to full hard for saturday.
Brakes - fresh Motul, freshly bled. Hawk pads in good condition. 19mm m/c fwiw

I have all my tools ready to go. I'll be there for the course walk. Is there anything that I've overlooked?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mudfoot76   Going to my first A/X this saturday   Jun 1 2006, 12:39 PM
Joe Ricard   Well I assume you are driving the teener vs. the M...   Jun 1 2006, 01:37 PM
sjhowitson   Have a good time. Listen to instructor's. Ha...   Jun 1 2006, 04:33 PM
Dominic L   You won't have much time for anything other th...   Jun 1 2006, 07:06 PM
Rough_Rider   Have fun :driving: Couple of tips: Bring a hat,...   Jun 1 2006, 07:16 PM
Joe Ricard   AND WE WANT A FULL REPORT MONDAY BY 6 AM.... Yea...   Jun 1 2006, 08:49 PM
mudfoot76  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 01:16 PM