Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> And today with the /6, Working towards the dumb-ass award
Dr Evil
post Jun 2 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So I draind a bit of oil out of the engine so I could run my engine with out it being an oil cannon. I get it started, get it to idle, goof wiht the dizzy and put it where it sounds best for now, and start revving it.................just about the time my fan sucks in and shreds one of my blue paper shop towels (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) I am really starting to think that I should have stayed /4.

So I recover the majority of it from infont of the fan, but there is the concern of any pieces that I missed.

Should I take the fan out, CIS off, and the cooling shroud off to look for it or should I just burn it off? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Also, it appears that the rear of the drivers lower valve cover is leaking still, and oil misteriously is ending up on the top of the engine on the drivers side even thought the vent tube is no longer puking. Getting close to fed up.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dr Evil   And today with the /6   Jun 2 2006, 12:59 PM
Aaron Cox   you must outsmart the six :P the fans do infact ...   Jun 2 2006, 01:03 PM
lapuwali   Pulling the CIS and the shroud should be enough. ...   Jun 2 2006, 01:05 PM
Dr Evil   Thanks for the encouragement, James. I can laugh a...   Jun 2 2006, 01:09 PM
fitsbain   Keep at it man!! Hopefully you will be do...   Jun 2 2006, 01:14 PM
Dr Evil   Thanks, dudes. I really needed some cheerleading.   Jun 2 2006, 01:24 PM
Aaron Cox   you and skline are competing for longest non drivi...   Jun 2 2006, 01:27 PM
zymurgist   What kind of valve covers do you have? I have rea...   Jun 2 2006, 01:36 PM
Aaron Cox   turbo lower valve covers interfere with the suspen...   Jun 2 2006, 01:36 PM
Mark Henry  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:50 AM