Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELP!! What did I do to my car?, fuses, smoke and other bad things
biosurfer1
post Sep 28 2003, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Teener fo Life!

Group: Members
Member No.: 977
Region Association: Northern California

so after working for about a week, the fuse to the dash lights in my car popped again, which i thought was a little weird to happen so fast, but i replaced it and the replacement popped too. I had just bought some of the original type fuses on ebay (was using the tube fuses) so i thought i'd throw one of those in, that when the trouble started. I had the dash lights turned all the way down, after i replaced the fuse, i slowly turned them up and before i knew it, there was a lot of smoke bellowing up from behind the fuse panel. I quickly turned them off, and took apart the panel to look at the damage, to which i couldnt find anything, so it must have been in one of the relays. the new fuse did not pop, and i dont understand why, it was the correct amperage, i double checked. so does anyone know what i could have done, or where to start checking to find out?? HELP!! this is driving me crazy, not to mention i have no dash lights...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3d914
post Sep 28 2003, 03:42 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

bio,

Have you made any upgrades to the lights recently - like 100w headlights? Any other electrical-related mods?

If not, then you're likely correct on the relay. Its not a bad idea to pick up a couple to have for spares - they're alll the same. Just don't forget to put them in the glove box. I always end up leaving my spares on the work bench - and go without on the road.

Keep us posted.
+Quote Post
biosurfer1
post Sep 28 2003, 03:58 PM
Post #3

Teener fo Life!

Member No.: 977

where can i get the relays?
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Sep 28 2003, 04:12 PM
Post #4

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 28 2003, 02:58 PM)
where can i get the relays?

order them online. all the usual places have them.
they also carry the original fuses. no need to pay overprice on ebay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Andy
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 05:40 PM