Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP!! What did I do to my car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
so after working for about a week, the fuse to the dash lights in my car popped again, which i thought was a little weird to happen so fast, but i replaced it and the replacement popped too. I had just bought some of the original type fuses on ebay (was using the tube fuses) so i thought i'd throw one of those in, that when the trouble started. I had the dash lights turned all the way down, after i replaced the fuse, i slowly turned them up and before i knew it, there was a lot of smoke bellowing up from behind the fuse panel. I quickly turned them off, and took apart the panel to look at the damage, to which i couldnt find anything, so it must have been in one of the relays. the new fuse did not pop, and i dont understand why, it was the correct amperage, i double checked. so does anyone know what i could have done, or where to start checking to find out?? HELP!! this is driving me crazy, not to mention i have no dash lights...
3d914
bio,

Have you made any upgrades to the lights recently - like 100w headlights? Any other electrical-related mods?

If not, then you're likely correct on the relay. Its not a bad idea to pick up a couple to have for spares - they're alll the same. Just don't forget to put them in the glove box. I always end up leaving my spares on the work bench - and go without on the road.

Keep us posted.
biosurfer1
where can i get the relays?
SirAndy
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Sep 28 2003, 02:58 PM)
where can i get the relays?

order them online. all the usual places have them.
they also carry the original fuses. no need to pay overprice on ebay wink.gif

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.