Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So is it a VW or a Porsche?, little discussion with my brother
Brian Mifsud
post Jun 7 2006, 09:23 AM
Post #61

Mechanical Engineer

Group: Members
Member No.: 384
Region Association: None

I WISH the 914 body seals were priced like a 911. Last time I looked, a complete set for the 911 was in the $500 range... can't beat the volume of the 911.

I WISH the 914 was BUILT as well as my '69 Beetle. Fit, finish, and most importantly, body DRAINAGE was far more superior.. once again, can't beat volume to wring out the flaws in a design....
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
BigDBass
post Jun 7 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #62

Dumb Question Champion

Member No.: 5,405
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'll bet if a 914 flashed a Cayenne ( & why would you do that?), you'd get no response.

Reminds me of when I was leaving my parking spot at a restaurant last month and a Cayenne was waiting to pull in. I just knew the driver had no idea what my green machine was.
+Quote Post
BigDBass
post Jun 7 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #63

Dumb Question Champion

Member No.: 5,405
Region Association: Upper MidWest

More on topic: I typically tell a certain subset of our friends and relatives that it's "just an old VW" to avoid sustaining their seemingly resentful attitudes towards "discretionary spending" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
Matt Meyer
post Jun 7 2006, 09:34 AM
Post #64

Überlurker

Member No.: 1,411
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Isn't the fact that the 914 is treated as the "bastard" car of Porsche part of its appeal. It' is kind of fun to get spun up about things like the advert saying the Boxster was Porsche's first mid-engined street car.

I was looking forward to one of the PCA members to tell me it isn't a real Porsche. My response would be, "Yea, I know, but the VW club wont have me." But it appears it's not going to happen

For the record the local VW club will take any one who is a "VW enthusiast". No VW ownership is required.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 07:11 AM