Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT: After-market FI suggestions, I freakin' HATE carbs!
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Jun 7 2006, 10:04 AM
Post #1

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Group: Members
Member No.: 584
Region Association: None

I'm looking for an after-market fuel injection solution for my VW Squareback. It's a bored-n-stroked 2007cc beast with CompuFire DIS-IX ignition and 40mm Dellorto carbs. Those freakin' carbs are the death of me, I can't stand carbs and tuning them is beyond torture.

I understand FI and find it MUCH simpler and easier to work with, so with that in mind, any personal experienced recommendations? I'm looking for a complete system under $2000 -- I don't need ignition management, just fuel (but if it comes w/it I'll take it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ). Laptop tuning would be great but not necessary. I personally think the CB Performance system is too much ($1800) for too little but without actually using it I could be wrong. I know about MegaSquirt but I don't want to build it, just attach it -- or is someone selling completed kits? KitCarlson? Wish there was better info out there on it (since he originally did have it on his Squareback) because it sounds good to me (especially the data logging).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Air_Cooled_Nut   OT: After-market FI suggestions   Jun 7 2006, 10:04 AM
Mueller   you might hit up Zois since he is taking off his C...   Jun 7 2006, 10:18 AM
Mark Henry   Fuel only SDS is fairly cheap. But then you need a...   Jun 7 2006, 10:26 AM
Dave_Darling   How much work are you willing to do? You say you ...   Jun 7 2006, 10:38 AM
Mark Henry   Dave it's a type 1/3 I believe. CIS won't...   Jun 7 2006, 10:44 AM
Air_Cooled_Nut   Correct, Type 3 engine (yes, Type 1 but with a coo...   Jun 7 2006, 10:54 AM
biggy72   We've used a performance electronics system on...   Jun 7 2006, 11:17 AM
dimitri   VW Bus or Vanagon L jetronic injection from air co...   Jun 7 2006, 11:33 AM
lapuwali   CIS is actually very nice, but you'd have a ha...   Jun 7 2006, 11:39 AM
Mark Henry  
  Jun 7 2006, 11:39 AM
Air_Cooled_Nut  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:48 PM