Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GGR AX at Alameda, Saturday June 10
nine14cats
post Jun 12 2006, 10:22 PM
Post #21

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

Hi Chris,

I'm with Dan, I thought with the new rules you can run whatever you want? Will it point you out into AX1? Actually it doesn't matter because you're still going to dominate no matter what class you're in.....at least until someone here steps up and builds a better mousetrap!...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

What does David Leong say? I'm curious since once we get towards the "unlimited" classes it should be just that...."unlimited".

I still don't believe I helped set up that course and made it so freakin tight on the 2nd half. I wanted to give you guys a better run for your money like the previous event! Instead, you guys spanked my tail dragging rear! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve_7x
post Jun 12 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 2,503

The GGR/Zone 7 rule in question is about the %age of oxygen in the fuel and it is not an item that can be 'pointed'. The Rule book says maximum of 10%; normal pump gas - if I am not mistaken - is at ~8%. A little bit of NOX would push it over 10%... the hard part is to prove that you are still running under 10% oxygen.

FYI: the SCCA rule book states Oxygen and Nitrogen additives are prohibited except for those originally present in service station pumps.

Steve
+Quote Post
DanT
post Jun 12 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #23

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880
Region Association: None

Here are the two sections of the current GGR rules that cover fuel additives.
Playing devils advocate I believe the contradict each other.
Also our old rules specifically stated unless a modification was approved it wasn't approved. IE: you can only make the modifcations we say you can.
Now the rules do not state that....
They only say that if a modification is not specifically given a points value it is free.
As you can see from item (i) from the rules it only talks about non-oxygen bearing additives being limited to 10%.
It doesn't say anything about oxygen bearing additives such as Alcohol, Nitrous, or Nitro.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

what you think?

i: Fuel: Any gasoline fuel is permitted. Additives (non-oxygen bearing) may be used as long as they do not constitute more than 10% of the fuel.

49)

Select this option if the engine has any of the following:

The engine has any type of fluid or gas injection other than gasoline.

The engine has any type of total loss injection device used to cool the engine intake system.

The engine has any type of fuel mixing system used to add alternative fuel to the gasoline.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jun 13 2006, 08:22 AM
Post #24

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jun 12 2006, 10:40 PM) *

Here are the two sections of the current GGR rules that cover fuel additives.
Playing devils advocate I believe the contradict each other.
Also our old rules specifically stated unless a modification was approved it wasn't approved. IE: you can only make the modifcations we say you can.
Now the rules do not state that....
They only say that if a modification is not specifically given a points value it is free.
As you can see from item (i) from the rules it only talks about non-oxygen bearing additives being limited to 10%.
It doesn't say anything about oxygen bearing additives such as Alcohol, Nitrous, or Nitro.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

what you think?

i: Fuel: Any gasoline fuel is permitted. Additives (non-oxygen bearing) may be used as long as they do not constitute more than 10% of the fuel.

49)

Select this option if the engine has any of the following:

The engine has any type of fluid or gas injection other than gasoline.

The engine has any type of total loss injection device used to cool the engine intake system.

The engine has any type of fuel mixing system used to add alternative fuel to the gasoline.

I am going to have to disagree with Steve here. I think. I am assuming that Dan is quoting the rules so if he has paraphrased and I am misinterpreting based on that my apologies... I may also be misinterpreting Steve and if I am 1000 pardons my friend...

Section i above seems to deal with additives by volume so in order for nitrous oxide to be illegal it would have to comprise greater than 10% of the fuel load by volume not percent of oxygen.

It seems that nitrous would be allowed if you look at section 49 since it could be pointed as a "...type of fluid or gas injection other than gasoline". And, "The engine has any type of fuel mixing system used to add alternative fuel to the gasoline"

This is potentially a good discussion but perhaps it needs its own thread?

Rob
+Quote Post
Chris Hamilton
post Jun 13 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 5,687

QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Jun 13 2006, 07:22 AM) *

This is potentially a good discussion but perhaps it needs its own thread?

Thats a good idea. Once I get exactly the details on what rule we are being blocked by, I'll recap this information and make a new topic.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 04:41 PM