Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A good day today/tonight, PA will finally get some reg fees for the 914!
Dr Evil
post Jun 9 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Well it started off with the FedEx guy arriving promptly at 8:30am this morning to drop off my new turbo valve covers for my leaking engine. The old one had material missing due to corrosion. I did a little light studying until about noon when I was going to go to the PO to ship some bolt orders out, but I couldnt due to severe storm advisories and the fact that I only have my bike during the day. Sooo, out to the garage with me. I quickly modified the valve covers (I didn't realy enjoy tweaking a new part like that, but eh). I fit them to the car, cleaned and installed everything correctly, lowered it off of jack stands and let loose with the engine running. It hesitated at first (probably becasue I have the whole cold start circuit disconnected. Runs good once warm) but then it took. I revved and made sure the system got nice and warm. Smoke was pouring off of the hearde fronm the oil that I missed. Then, the fog cleared......no smoke. At opperating temp I had it idleing and looked under to see that the thing was dry as a bone.......NO FRIGGEN WAY! I FIXED something!? Nice. This time I checked the oil the right way and filled it up with out incedent, too.
It was funny because I was putting it together in a lightning storm which made me feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein when it started, "Its alive! My beautiful creature lives!"

So now what do I do? Well, I put in the radio, and spent the rest of the night fixing my front bumper up with its special mods.....which include dual air horns (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) I really should take a pic of the set up.

The big deal is this, I have not felt confident to register it in PA as I would need to get it inspected wiht in 10 days and I was not sure I could get it running in a time frame like that. This Sat morning will be one of the best days at the DMV ever (hard to say without vommiting, but it is true). I will be registering it so I can start to tune it and actually use it. I was starting tho think that it was just something you work on but not ever drive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

On the list:
-Set timing (this should be fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif))
-break in 100 miles, oil/filter change, valves
- Keep eye open for next inevitable problem.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dr Evil   A good day today/tonight   Jun 9 2006, 11:00 PM
hmeeder   Sweet Mike! Congrats and you may now official...   Jun 9 2006, 11:05 PM
Dr Evil   Hey Herb. It would only be better if I were back i...   Jun 9 2006, 11:10 PM
Hammy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:28 PM