Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EMERGENCY!, Anyone near Amarillo, TX???
ClayPerrine
post Jun 10 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Michael bought a 914 in california, and he is on his way back to Witchata Falls TX.

He is in Amarillo with a broken CV joint.

Anyone near Amarillo who can go help????

Please let me know so I can call him back
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 10 2006, 09:49 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 10 2006, 06:15 PM) *

Anyone near Amarillo who can go help????
nope, not me. but the girls at the hooters there are very nice ...

been there twice ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) Andy
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Jun 10 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #3

Retired admin, banned a few times

Group: Members
Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

I have a couple of axles sitting in the garage with good CVs....I can overnite them if needed.....
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 10 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #4

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

David_S lives in Dimmitt, Tx. I think it's about an hour away from Amarillo. He met me in Amarillo and checked out the Alien when I was returning from the WCC "05" . He's a really cool guy. I did a search and his last post was on the 10th. Send him an email and a PM. I think his car is still disassembled. He may have an axle to loan you. If you get ahold of him tell him I said HEY! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 11 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #5

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 10 2006, 09:05 PM) *

David_S lives in Dimmitt, Tx. I think it's about an hour away from Amarillo. He met me in Amarillo and checked out the Alien when I was returning from the WCC "05" . He's a really cool guy. I did a search and his last post was on the 10th. Send him an email and a PM. I think his car is still disassembled. He may have an axle to loan you. If you get ahold of him tell him I said HEY! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) almost off the page...
+Quote Post
David_S
post Jun 11 2006, 08:18 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 680
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hey ...I just opened this up at work .....Amarillo is about an hour away and also a local call. I will be at work until 6:00 PM, so my hands are tied until then. I do have some cv's that will work for a while . If you can get a hold of him ....I'll PM clay my work #. David
+Quote Post
David_S
post Jun 11 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #7

....bump....
+Quote Post
spare time toys
post Jun 11 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #8

hooked on grilling food.

Member No.: 1,884

Calling Clay come in Clay trying to get your number for David.
+Quote Post
David_S
post Jun 11 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #9

OK ....going back to work now. phone #'s have been PM'ed to sparetimetoys and to Clay. I will check in every now and then. Let me know if I can do anything, or if anyone else has contact info for Michael !!!!!!
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jun 11 2006, 05:05 PM
Post #10

Life's been good to me so far.....

Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Last night I offered to come up to Amarillo with an axle. Michael said he was only 3 hrs from home, and would rent a u-haul truck and tow the thing the rest of the way home.

Thanks for all the help.
+Quote Post
David_S
post Jun 11 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #11

Glad to hear he made it. I wish now that I would have gotten on instead of messing with my teener. Clay ....I PM'd you my numbers. If you want, keep them and if any of the members from your area are up here and need anything, use them !! David
+Quote Post
MBowman325
post Jun 11 2006, 07:53 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 4,413

Hey guys!

I appreciate the offers for help from everyone. Just got home about an hour ago. U-Haul was outta trucks in Amarillo (crazy, but I've seen it happen when trying to get one instantly), but they had a dolly. Calling around, the parts places told me "Sure we have a half-shaft! It'll be in [in a day or two]" and "I don't know what you're talking about for a CV bolt tool. Is it big, like a 36mm?" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Many (many) thanks to Clay for putting out a feeler and his more than gracious offer to make the drive to come and help, and David for and offer on semi-local parts(I've always had bad timing, but at least I was in Amarillo..) and MikeZ for the offer of an overnight shipment; well, looks like I owe some beers to a number of people watching out for me out there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

My neighbor had offered to come get me if I broke down within a day of WF, so I called him as well last night to appraise him of my situation, and back again this morning when I found out the trucks were unavailable.

Overall, it was really a good trip. I wish I would have had more time and hadn't been rushed to get back home, but such is life. I had an issue west of Phoenix with a fuel pump relay. It took a little long to trace it back and then figure out the pin-out, couldn't remember which was switched power and which was signal, so I ran a wire from the pump and tested continuity at the positive. Had it fixed about 4 minutes later and ready to drive about 20 minutes after that. Greg called me that evening and I got a chance to catch up with him for a bit. After that, I went to Harbor Freight to pick up a jack since I left mine in LA. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Came in very handy last night and today.

For some reason, all the hotels in Flagstaff (that I visited) were full Friday night... Wound up staying the next town East of Winslow for the night. I stopped driving around 4:00-4:30 CST Friday Morning and Saturday Morning. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) Thanks to the CV joint, I actually stopped at a decent hour last night. Looked like there was a hell of a party on the other side of the hotel that might have been fun to join, but I was ready for bed... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Oh well...

Anyways, thanks all, Leamon, Clay, (Rob P and Matthew of Monte Carlo fame for a place to freshen up Friday, my neighbor for the tow) and everyone else here keeping my problem threads up. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) As Lee said while we were talking, it's a 31 year old car, but the people who have them are awesome! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smiley_notworthy.gif) You guys are great!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:31 PM