Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EMERGENCY!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Michael bought a 914 in california, and he is on his way back to Witchata Falls TX.

He is in Amarillo with a broken CV joint.

Anyone near Amarillo who can go help????

Please let me know so I can call him back
SirAndy
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 10 2006, 06:15 PM) *

Anyone near Amarillo who can go help????
nope, not me. but the girls at the hooters there are very nice ...

been there twice ...
chowtime.gif Andy
Joe Bob
I have a couple of axles sitting in the garage with good CVs....I can overnite them if needed.....
rick 918-S
David_S lives in Dimmitt, Tx. I think it's about an hour away from Amarillo. He met me in Amarillo and checked out the Alien when I was returning from the WCC "05" . He's a really cool guy. I did a search and his last post was on the 10th. Send him an email and a PM. I think his car is still disassembled. He may have an axle to loan you. If you get ahold of him tell him I said HEY! wavey.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 10 2006, 09:05 PM) *

David_S lives in Dimmitt, Tx. I think it's about an hour away from Amarillo. He met me in Amarillo and checked out the Alien when I was returning from the WCC "05" . He's a really cool guy. I did a search and his last post was on the 10th. Send him an email and a PM. I think his car is still disassembled. He may have an axle to loan you. If you get ahold of him tell him I said HEY! wavey.gif

icon_bump.gif almost off the page...
David_S
Hey ...I just opened this up at work .....Amarillo is about an hour away and also a local call. I will be at work until 6:00 PM, so my hands are tied until then. I do have some cv's that will work for a while . If you can get a hold of him ....I'll PM clay my work #. David
David_S
....bump....
spare time toys
Calling Clay come in Clay trying to get your number for David.
David_S
OK ....going back to work now. phone #'s have been PM'ed to sparetimetoys and to Clay. I will check in every now and then. Let me know if I can do anything, or if anyone else has contact info for Michael !!!!!!
ClayPerrine
Last night I offered to come up to Amarillo with an axle. Michael said he was only 3 hrs from home, and would rent a u-haul truck and tow the thing the rest of the way home.

Thanks for all the help.
David_S
Glad to hear he made it. I wish now that I would have gotten on instead of messing with my teener. Clay ....I PM'd you my numbers. If you want, keep them and if any of the members from your area are up here and need anything, use them !! David
MBowman325
Hey guys!

I appreciate the offers for help from everyone. Just got home about an hour ago. U-Haul was outta trucks in Amarillo (crazy, but I've seen it happen when trying to get one instantly), but they had a dolly. Calling around, the parts places told me "Sure we have a half-shaft! It'll be in [in a day or two]" and "I don't know what you're talking about for a CV bolt tool. Is it big, like a 36mm?" blink.gif

Many (many) thanks to Clay for putting out a feeler and his more than gracious offer to make the drive to come and help, and David for and offer on semi-local parts(I've always had bad timing, but at least I was in Amarillo..) and MikeZ for the offer of an overnight shipment; well, looks like I owe some beers to a number of people watching out for me out there! beerchug.gif

My neighbor had offered to come get me if I broke down within a day of WF, so I called him as well last night to appraise him of my situation, and back again this morning when I found out the trucks were unavailable.

Overall, it was really a good trip. I wish I would have had more time and hadn't been rushed to get back home, but such is life. I had an issue west of Phoenix with a fuel pump relay. It took a little long to trace it back and then figure out the pin-out, couldn't remember which was switched power and which was signal, so I ran a wire from the pump and tested continuity at the positive. Had it fixed about 4 minutes later and ready to drive about 20 minutes after that. Greg called me that evening and I got a chance to catch up with him for a bit. After that, I went to Harbor Freight to pick up a jack since I left mine in LA. biggrin.gif Came in very handy last night and today.

For some reason, all the hotels in Flagstaff (that I visited) were full Friday night... Wound up staying the next town East of Winslow for the night. I stopped driving around 4:00-4:30 CST Friday Morning and Saturday Morning. idea.gif Thanks to the CV joint, I actually stopped at a decent hour last night. Looked like there was a hell of a party on the other side of the hotel that might have been fun to join, but I was ready for bed... dry.gif Oh well...

Anyways, thanks all, Leamon, Clay, (Rob P and Matthew of Monte Carlo fame for a place to freshen up Friday, my neighbor for the tow) and everyone else here keeping my problem threads up. smile.gif As Lee said while we were talking, it's a 31 year old car, but the people who have them are awesome! smiley_notworthy.gif You guys are great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.