Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> factory undercoating !, and a few other little odd things i found on #374
SirAndy
post Jun 10 2006, 09:58 PM
Post #1

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

so, while spending all day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) and (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) on #374 i found a few odd little things ...

- *no* "knobs" on the floorboards to button down the carpet. on neither side. just what looks like factory holes for sheetmetal screws ...

- a plastic plug in the hole for the /4 hose from the washerbottle to the spare tire, going through the wall near the tank. for some reason, i thought the /6 didn't have that hole at all ...

- *FACTORY* undercoating! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) at first i didn't notice as the car has the usual aftermarket black tar undercoating stuff like most of them have ...
then, when pulling the front crossmember mount, a big chunk fell off and here's what i found ...

bare metal underneath, then a layer of rubber undercoating, about 1mm thick. very elastic, not as brittle as the inside tar mats, much more flexible, then a layer of *factory* yellow paint over it!

the whole underside of the floorpan is coated with that stuff ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SirAndy   factory undercoating !   Jun 10 2006, 09:58 PM
Gustl  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 11:27 AM