Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> GOD F*CKING DAMMIT, FUEL PROBLEMS
BMXerror
post Jun 13 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,842

As a sign of how bad this afternoon is going, I'm writting this post AGAIN because F*CKING WINDOWS DELETED MY OLD ONE, just before I added it to the forums. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
Anyway, here goes again. The facts: The fuel pump runs when you turn the key on, and when the starter's running. All the fuel lines are clear both in the loop, and to and from the tank. The pressure regulator's clear. The port on the fuel rail to test the pressure is clear. And there's a gallon of new gas in the tank.
The problem: NO FUEL PRESSURE! Zero. Zip. Nilch. nada. NONE! To compound my frustration, after fighting with this thing for two weeks, including six hours yesterday after work, it finally ran for thirty minutes strait with no fuel leaks! It was actually running a little rich. Today I try to start it up and NOTHING.... AGAIN. Yesterday, what I thought I found was that the send and return lines to the fuel loop were hooked up backwards. I wasn't positive, but after looking at the pump flow in the manual, it looked like it was hooked up wrong. I switched it, and that's when it ran. I haven't changed anything since.
Lemme see if I was right. On a 1.7 fuel pump, the line from the tank goes into the only port that flows in (the side without the valve). The send line to the loop goes out the middle port and across to the pressure regulator behind cylinder #1. After the fuel loop, the return line comes down and hooks to a T fitting. The T also hooks to that last port on the pump (the side WITH the valve) and the return line to the tank. Is this right? Is there anyone out there who has a clue what my problem might be? I'm about ready to go insane here. Please help before you lose a brother to the loony-bin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
Mark D.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:48 PM