Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GOD F*CKING DAMMIT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
As a sign of how bad this afternoon is going, I'm writting this post AGAIN because F*CKING WINDOWS DELETED MY OLD ONE, just before I added it to the forums. ar15.gif
Anyway, here goes again. The facts: The fuel pump runs when you turn the key on, and when the starter's running. All the fuel lines are clear both in the loop, and to and from the tank. The pressure regulator's clear. The port on the fuel rail to test the pressure is clear. And there's a gallon of new gas in the tank.
The problem: NO FUEL PRESSURE! Zero. Zip. Nilch. nada. NONE! To compound my frustration, after fighting with this thing for two weeks, including six hours yesterday after work, it finally ran for thirty minutes strait with no fuel leaks! It was actually running a little rich. Today I try to start it up and NOTHING.... AGAIN. Yesterday, what I thought I found was that the send and return lines to the fuel loop were hooked up backwards. I wasn't positive, but after looking at the pump flow in the manual, it looked like it was hooked up wrong. I switched it, and that's when it ran. I haven't changed anything since.
Lemme see if I was right. On a 1.7 fuel pump, the line from the tank goes into the only port that flows in (the side without the valve). The send line to the loop goes out the middle port and across to the pressure regulator behind cylinder #1. After the fuel loop, the return line comes down and hooks to a T fitting. The T also hooks to that last port on the pump (the side WITH the valve) and the return line to the tank. Is this right? Is there anyone out there who has a clue what my problem might be? I'm about ready to go insane here. Please help before you lose a brother to the loony-bin. screwy.gif
Mark D.
swl
fuel supply -> filter -> non valve side of the pump -> center port of the pump -> passenger side fuel rail -> drivers side fuel rail -> pressure regulator -> valve side of the pump tee'd to fuel return

If I read you right it sounds like you have the supply going to the pressure regulator rather than the fuel rail. but if that is so it would never have worked at all - I'm confused too.
Dr Evil
From our very own Dave Darling

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_20FI_diag.htm

See if it is all hooked up right. Also, you should make sure your pressure regulator is hooked up correctly and not backwards.
SLITS
All ports referenced from the little silver cap or power plug.....right to left....looking at ports....

Return (closest to silver cap) teed into line returning from pressure regulator for return to tank.

middle is pressure to fuel rail.

Far left is suction from the tank.
BMXerror
Well, from what it sounds like it's backwards now but it ran this way. I guess thing will run on all sorts of combinations, just no very well. So it regulates the pressure AFTER the injectors? How's that work? Anyways, I'll run through it again tomorrow. Thanks for the input guys.
Mark D.
swl
This type of pressure regulator is sort of a pop off valve. It is a bypass that is closed until the pressure rises to a certain level then opens up to bleed pressure off to the return circuit. Like Dr Evil said - check your pressure regulator hookup. The return goes on the end of it. The supply on the side. If that is backwards I could imagine that the system would run with hoses hooked up as they are now. Check that - it wouldnt work because the only pressurized section would be on the line from pump to the regulator. The fuel rails would only see the bypass fuel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.