Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can I run D or L-jet with a Header?, or: How well do headers suck?
Katmanken
post Sep 30 2003, 06:57 PM
Post #1

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Group: Members
Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm picking up a Euro Racing header soon and was curious if you can run it with factory fuel injection?

My gut says no as the header scavenges better than the regular exhaust and prolly sucks some of the fuel/air charge out the tailpipe.

Not a problem with a carb, but the 914 FI system squirts a measured amount of fuel (sometimes on the backside of the closed valve and sometimes into the incoming air charge- depending on which cylinder). If part of that fuel/air charge goes down the tailpipe, you are running lean.

On the other hand, Bursch's work with EFI.

What do the experts think?

Ken
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Sep 30 2003, 07:01 PM
Post #2

Sleazy

Member No.: 176

My D-Jet works fine with my Euro Race Header. Had to work out a few exhaust leaks, but sandpaper, a flat surface and new copper exhaust gaskets took care of that.

Pay attention to where you route the speedo and clutch cables, cause the header gets hot and the melted housing on the cables stinks fierce!
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Sep 30 2003, 07:07 PM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

For our region PCA, in BP class, the stock FI must be retained, but headers are legal, so guess what?Pretty much everyone runs headers.....same with SCCA ITA (or some class like that)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 02:54 AM