Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I run D or L-jet with a Header?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Katmanken
I'm picking up a Euro Racing header soon and was curious if you can run it with factory fuel injection?

My gut says no as the header scavenges better than the regular exhaust and prolly sucks some of the fuel/air charge out the tailpipe.

Not a problem with a carb, but the 914 FI system squirts a measured amount of fuel (sometimes on the backside of the closed valve and sometimes into the incoming air charge- depending on which cylinder). If part of that fuel/air charge goes down the tailpipe, you are running lean.

On the other hand, Bursch's work with EFI.

What do the experts think?

Ken
ChrisReale
My D-Jet works fine with my Euro Race Header. Had to work out a few exhaust leaks, but sandpaper, a flat surface and new copper exhaust gaskets took care of that.

Pay attention to where you route the speedo and clutch cables, cause the header gets hot and the melted housing on the cables stinks fierce!
Mueller
For our region PCA, in BP class, the stock FI must be retained, but headers are legal, so guess what?Pretty much everyone runs headers.....same with SCCA ITA (or some class like that)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.