Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Something odd in Matt's tranny, Look what I found in first
Dr Evil
post Jun 13 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #1

Send me your transmission!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

So before I helped gut Matt's car he let me take it for a drive. It is a tail shifter so it was sloppy, but the gears all went in without a grind. I was actually surprised at how well it shifted. So, you can immagine my suprise when I parted his tranny to find a 2-5 set of dog teeth with all of the bands and blocks on the first gear. Also, they were pretty worn as was the synchro band. It was odd that it would have worked so well in this shape. I changed it out with a great used 2-5 set of teeth and a synchro band.

Lets see if it starts to shift like crap now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

If anyone wants to be a guinea pig for me to experiment on wiht regards to this I am game. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Dr Evil   Something odd in Matt's tranny   Jun 13 2006, 09:01 PM
Gint   Andy take that pic for ya?   Jun 13 2006, 09:18 PM
hmeeder   I had never seen that done. Now I know you can ma...   Jun 13 2006, 09:25 PM
Dr Evil  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:43 AM