Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help needed on rebuilding Dellorto Carbs
Joe Owensby
post Jun 14 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #1

JoeO

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,385
Region Association: South East States

I have tow Dellorto carbs from a parts car I bought to use in restoring my '73 1.7. I have ordered an engine kit from Jake to use, but was planning to use the carbs to get it running.

I was unable to get the main shaft loose on one of the carbs (I think DLRA's). I soaked it in PB Blaster for about 2 weeks, and it still wouldn't budge. I finally bent the shaft as a last act of desparation, and it still will not come free. Can this be salvaged by perhaps drilling out the shaft? Any thoughts will be appreciated. I was planning to get rebuild kits from CB.

I was thinking of using the carbs for getting the engine running, and later upgrding to a more modern FI control system, as the carbs would have been almost free- other than the rebuild kits. I will need new injectors, and maybe other components for my FI system, as it hasn't run in about 10 years, and was originally for a 1.7, not a 2056.

Thanks for the help. I have learned a lot from browsing this club. You guys are great with all the advice.

Joe
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Joe Owensby   Help needed on rebuilding Dellorto Carbs   Jun 14 2006, 05:51 PM
lapuwali   Parts for Dell Ortos are getting hard to find. Th...   Jun 14 2006, 07:15 PM
Mike McGrath  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:46 AM