Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Parking Brake Questions, among other things
T wing
post Jun 16 2006, 12:13 PM
Post #1

yes, my car is normally this dirty

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,613

I decided to paint the piece of metal that holds the gauges in place in the dash since it had a bit of rusty looking paint on it anyway (blackish paint, nice red tint). Anyway, I was taking the gauges off and got distracted by the fact that anytime all the wires were hooked up for my parking brake warning light, it would contiually flash, so I pulled out the switch under the handle and disconnected it and it still flashed, so I unpluged this maybe/maybe not extra wire and it quit, then I had to clean up the switch for the brake lever and it finally worked. Anyway, the questions (2) are this:

1: Is there any other reason for that light to flash?

2: When I pull the handbrake, the cables move all the way back to the rear calipers, but the brake doesn't actually engage. Any theories?

Thanks

oh yeah, I'll post some pics of the dash once I get it in.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
T wing   Parking Brake Questions   Jun 16 2006, 12:13 PM
So.Cal.914   Have you adjusted the pads on the back? If not adj...   Jun 16 2006, 12:17 PM
T wing   Don't disc brake pads self adjust?   Jun 16 2006, 12:31 PM
ClayPerrine  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 06:17 PM