Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Brake Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
T wing
I decided to paint the piece of metal that holds the gauges in place in the dash since it had a bit of rusty looking paint on it anyway (blackish paint, nice red tint). Anyway, I was taking the gauges off and got distracted by the fact that anytime all the wires were hooked up for my parking brake warning light, it would contiually flash, so I pulled out the switch under the handle and disconnected it and it still flashed, so I unpluged this maybe/maybe not extra wire and it quit, then I had to clean up the switch for the brake lever and it finally worked. Anyway, the questions (2) are this:

1: Is there any other reason for that light to flash?

2: When I pull the handbrake, the cables move all the way back to the rear calipers, but the brake doesn't actually engage. Any theories?

Thanks

oh yeah, I'll post some pics of the dash once I get it in.
So.Cal.914
Have you adjusted the pads on the back? If not adjust.

Reason of the light to flash. Not unless you like to be driven crazy.
T wing
Don't disc brake pads self adjust?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(T wing @ Jun 16 2006, 01:31 PM) *

Not on the rear of a 914. you have to set the "venting clearance" to get the parkbrake to work correctly.

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 16 2006, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(T wing @ Jun 16 2006, 01:31 PM) *

Not on the rear of a 914. you have to set the "venting clearance" to get the parkbrake to work correctly.

That's kinda misleading. You set the venting clearance when you install new pads (with the parking brake off) and they adjust themselves after that. The hand brake cables can be adjusted at the point where they leave the tubes in the body. As for the light, look to the wiring on the brake pressure warning switch on the side of the master cylinder. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.