Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CCCR/GGR 3 day event at Buttonwillow 6/23 - 6/25, Any members going?
race914
post Jun 19 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #21

73 914-4

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,027
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jun 16 2006, 10:10 PM) *

i was all up for going, but the student fee and the worker fee have kept me away. $585 for a day and 1/2 of driving? + $45 to camp? yikes... PCA events are very well-run from what i've seen -- and the instruction is excellent -- but it's still a bit rich for me. i can get my (much needed) seat-time for less elsewhere.

i'll be up at Thunderhill at the 22nd with Hookedondriving -- and then again on July 6 and 7 with perfectline and unlimitedlaps.

Friday DE is only $125..... Best deal around!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
9146R
post Jun 19 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 2,849

Bill,
Thanks for the hospitality - appreciate your offer. We will look for your rig near the tire shop and try to setup nearby.
gw
+Quote Post
9146R
post Jun 26 2006, 11:42 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,849

Bill and Greg - wow, hotter than hades but worth every ounce of perspiration. You guys were great neighbors and the event was a wonderful time for Mike and me. We shaved a few seconds off our lap times and a BUNCH OF RUBBER off the Hoosiers. Bill, recall the 25 heat cycles we counted up...when we got home and pulled the race tires - the rear passenger side was corded big time. No wonder Mike did the 360 at Turn 4 Sun morning....we were driving on the steel belts by then. Can't wait for the next event with fresh AVON's most likely. Thanks for the tip Greg. Wished we could have done more laps together before you heated the motor. Great time for both Me and Mike.
gw (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)
+Quote Post
race914
post Jun 26 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #24

73 914-4

Member No.: 5,027
Region Association: Central California

We had a great time too! It was great to have the 914club members pitting together. Tricia & I, Greg & Mike W & Bill P (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Great cooling test for air cooled motors @ 115 Degrees in the shade! Greg & Mike did the best with maintaining a 210 oil temp!

Going to replace the Perma-Cool with the Fluidyne since I could only get 3 laps before the oil temp passed 230 quickly on it's way up!

Also just posted my Vortex Generator test results. What a success!

We've got a pic of 4 914s on Grid and will post later today when Tricia gets home with the camera.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 06:45 PM