Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electrical: Battery is draining
hi4head
post Jun 18 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,819
Region Association: None

OK - I got the opossum taken care of and have figured out the windshield washer system, now time for a real problem.

Since the car has been sitting for the past eight years without a battery, I put a fresh battery in about 1-1/2 weeks ago. Friday I noticed that the battery was about dead. I figured that maybe we'd left the cabin light on or something and didn't give it much thought, just hooked up my trickle charger and let the battery recharge.

Yesterday it was about dead again and I started growing suspicious. I figured something was either making contact and it shouldn't be, or I had a bad battery.

I've disconnected that battery and hooked my multimeter up to the positive strap and the ground strap. I would expect that it should show an open circuit, but no, it shows that current can be passing. When I flip the cabin light switch on, it shows no resistance (as expected).

I've left the meter connected and started going through various visible connections and points in the system. (i.e. disconnected each of the connections on the relay board in the engine compartment, removed each of the fuses there and on the fuse board under the steering wheel, disconnected the clock) Nothing that I've done has changed the resistance level shown on the meter.

Anyone have any ideas on how to procede?

Thanks,

Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:59 PM