Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hepme! Hepme!, approaching the fork in the road...
Duffster
post Jun 18 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #1

OFWG

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,087

Calling all 914, NARP Racing, SoCal Contingent and other interested Thugs and Thugettes (and at least one 996-owning pinkie lifter)... I no longer know WTF and I need your opinions, thoughts, cheers, jeers

My little red car has been sitting around stinkin' up my garage now since the end of WCC2005. I spent the equivilent of the GDP of Puerto Rico rebuilding the transmission, and since then, various factors have kept me from finishing up niggledy-piggledy little details and enjoying it. The main factor is the all-consuming rebuild of my deck, which I promised the Attorney General that I'd finish before spending any more moneytimeeffort on the little red car.

My quandry is this: through a combination of 5/8ths impatience on my part and 3/8ths DAPO / builder stuff, corners were cut and compromises were made, and coupled with some static from the aforementioned Attorney General, I have reached the point where I've gotta decide.

Option one is; do a Joe O'Brien level tear down (without the obvious, demonstrated level of skill), fix the rusty floor panels, put a clip on the right front, Celette bench the thing, strip it bare, redo the roll bar right, John Kelly flare it, paint it, cure the electrical demons, and finish it off. Hopefully, that would net me a somewhat reliable street/canyon/AX/track ride.

Option two is; keep niggledy piggledy fuching with it, hoping to be able to drive it to WCC 2009.

Option three is; sell it, buy some driving moccasins and microfibre slacks at Target to go with a new-to-me Boxter

Option four is; is to just give the thing to Mrs. K to see if I can get Mr. K to come put me out of my misery.

Thoughts? Opinions? Cheers? Jeers?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:32 PM