Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hepme! Hepme!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Duffster
Calling all 914, NARP Racing, SoCal Contingent and other interested Thugs and Thugettes (and at least one 996-owning pinkie lifter)... I no longer know WTF and I need your opinions, thoughts, cheers, jeers

My little red car has been sitting around stinkin' up my garage now since the end of WCC2005. I spent the equivilent of the GDP of Puerto Rico rebuilding the transmission, and since then, various factors have kept me from finishing up niggledy-piggledy little details and enjoying it. The main factor is the all-consuming rebuild of my deck, which I promised the Attorney General that I'd finish before spending any more moneytimeeffort on the little red car.

My quandry is this: through a combination of 5/8ths impatience on my part and 3/8ths DAPO / builder stuff, corners were cut and compromises were made, and coupled with some static from the aforementioned Attorney General, I have reached the point where I've gotta decide.

Option one is; do a Joe O'Brien level tear down (without the obvious, demonstrated level of skill), fix the rusty floor panels, put a clip on the right front, Celette bench the thing, strip it bare, redo the roll bar right, John Kelly flare it, paint it, cure the electrical demons, and finish it off. Hopefully, that would net me a somewhat reliable street/canyon/AX/track ride.

Option two is; keep niggledy piggledy fuching with it, hoping to be able to drive it to WCC 2009.

Option three is; sell it, buy some driving moccasins and microfibre slacks at Target to go with a new-to-me Boxter

Option four is; is to just give the thing to Mrs. K to see if I can get Mr. K to come put me out of my misery.

Thoughts? Opinions? Cheers? Jeers?
markb
Wow, with all that body work needed, why not put this one back together as-is, and drive it? Buy a tub & do all the trick stuff to it, then transfer everything over.
gregrobbins
Last time I saw Howard, aka 996-owning pinkie lifter, he showed me a finger, but I am pretty sure it wasn't a pinkie.
Aaron Cox
duffy....
keep with it!!! your car flies!!! if the tub isnt working out, maybe drive the one you got... and meanwhile have a tub painted and bodyworked the way you want it. then transfer all the schtufffff
Duffster
Thanx AA and MB... I can't believe that I could not smoke out the Pinkie Lifter for a comment... losin' my touch, I guess.

Right now I seem to have a little less motivation than Skline.
JoeSharp
Yo Duffy, I'm with these guys. You want all that stuff then it's going to be another car anyway. You'll have alot more fun if you drive this one and transfer the good stuff out of it later.
And Yes you should have Joe do your tub.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
JPB
Crap all mighty Jules, ya have the world by the balls! Ya got one to drive and one to tinker with, you must have lost your mind not seeing the obvious. Listen to your friends, not only do they envey you but have some good sence.
Howard
Survey Says:
1. Have a jsharp.gif with lots of beer and dancing girls. We'll all come over and fix it half assed, or
2. Take off all the good parts, scrap the tub, wait for the right tub, or
3. Sell it as a 'Rust free CA car', use the money and buy a real Porsche. biggrin.gif

Brando
I agree with Howard.

But if you do decide to get a "real" porsche, make it a 964 or a 993, since his water pumper is probably a bad example.
Howard
Seriously, I'm no mechanic, but stuff is pretty easy to fix/replace on these cars, as long as you don't experiment too much.... A little rust can be dealt with, but major rusty or crooked and it becomes a labor of love. How bad is it?
SLITS
no comment!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.