Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Great racing/driving quotes, post your fav, its always been an obsession of real men.
mrdezyne
post Jun 20 2006, 10:15 AM
Post #1

Now on larger rolling jack stands!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,510

Sorry if this might be a repost, I didn't really do an extensive search but these were too good not to share.

"Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is is just waiting" – Steve McQueen

About Ayrton Senna - Even Senna confessed he occasionally went too far, as was the case in qualifying for the 1988 Monaco Grand Prix, where he became a passenger on a surreal ride into the unknown. Already on pole, he went faster and faster and was eventually over two seconds quicker than Prost in an identical McLaren. "Suddenly, it frightened me," Ayrton said, "because I realised I was well beyond my conscious understanding. I drove back slowly to the pits and did not go out anymore that day."-

"Racing is an addiction that makes heroin look like a longing for something salty." Peter Egan

"You can't win a race on your first lap, but you can lose it then"

"The first automobile race happened on the day the second car was made"

"I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car."
-Nigel Mansell

"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountaineering are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Earnest Hemingway

"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."
-Dale Earnhardt

"Nobody remembers who finished second but the guy who finished second."
- Bobby Unser

“When I raced a car last it was at a time when sex was safe and racing was dangerous. Now, it’s the other way round.”
- Hans Stuck

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.
-Gilles Villeneuve

After a IROC race at a super speedway a few years ago, one of the non- NASCAR drivers complained about the amount of bumping going on during the race. Bill Elliott told a reporter after he heard about the complaint "If he didn't want to swap a little paint, what's he doing out there?" I loved that

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
-Mario Andretti

"No, it will never have enough power until I can spin the wheels at the end of the straightaway in high gear"
- Mark Donohue on the Can Am Porsche 917

"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead." - Stirling Moss

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mrdezyne   Great racing/driving quotes, post your fav   Jun 20 2006, 10:15 AM
URY914   Bang! Peter Gregg, 1980   Jun 20 2006, 10:23 AM
Cloudbuster   "Compared to motorcycles, cars are for wanker...   Jun 20 2006, 10:36 AM
theol00   a couple of old racers on cheating:"...what d...   Jun 20 2006, 10:39 AM
Joe Ricard   "It is better to go into a corner slow and co...   Jun 20 2006, 10:51 AM
groot   "So that's my point ­ and I'll stand...   Jun 20 2006, 10:54 AM
KaptKaos  
  Jun 20 2006, 01:30 PM
anderssj   "In like a lamb, out like a lion" John ...   Jun 20 2006, 01:28 PM
JMDAZED   If it's got tits or wheels, it'll give you...   Jun 21 2006, 10:27 PM
Howard   'Ya can't make a race car out of a pig, bu...   Jun 20 2006, 01:33 PM
Elliot Cannon   "Sam Posey?" "Sam Posey?" ...   Jun 20 2006, 01:49 PM
URY914   'There is no terrible way to win. There's ...   Jun 20 2006, 02:55 PM
reverie   You have to want it!! - bright gilt lette...   Jun 20 2006, 03:17 PM
Rrrockhound   "Understeer is when you hit the outside wall ...   Jun 20 2006, 04:35 PM
brer   "get the big ferrari ready" spoken...   Jun 20 2006, 04:52 PM
mikeatrpi   A photo in PS of "Road and Track" pictur...   Jun 20 2006, 05:43 PM
reverie   LOL! :D PS has some great stuff..   Jun 20 2006, 05:58 PM
john rogers   How about: - Keep the wheels outa the klagg - An...   Jun 20 2006, 06:02 PM
URY914   "Pete, Do you sometimes get tired? Of the dri...   Jun 20 2006, 07:13 PM
jimtab  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:54 AM