Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> miss at idle, do's and don'ts, he.he.he.he.he.he.he.
crash914
post Oct 3 2003, 05:40 PM
Post #1

its a mystery to me

Group: Members
Member No.: 434
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have a rolling idle, ie. about 1200 rpm, then drops down to 600 then up to 1200..etc...

I don't know where the air leak is, so I am trying to find it. No carb cleaner in the cabinet so grab a can of brake clean and spray it around on the hoses....

I am amazed at the fireball you can get from the dizzy when you spray brake clean on it...oh yes looked at the can, very flammable....go figure....

I still have not found my air leak....AAR is closed, idle screw all the way in. my O2 meter goes lean when the idle drops. Fuel issue? pressure is rock solid. I did drop the pressure during troubleshooting to see what happened, nothing. although with about 25 lbs, I am now getting a miss at 6000 rpm. TPS? my AFR is still around 13.6 or so

Throttle body is tight, vacuum hoses are new and tight....???where to look next??

:howdy: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 07:09 AM