Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electricals Question, Electrical Flasher units
Brando
post Jun 24 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

I have a question about electric flasher units. I would like to replace my incadescent bulbs/lamps with LEDs, to trim the wattage/amperage usage. I've noticed when my electrical system is under load I get a bit of extra load on my 1.8 as the alternator is working itself to death. Also when using LED lights in place of the incadescent ones, they don't pull enough amperage to trigger my OEM flasher (heat-driven).

Anyhow, does anyone make electrical flasher units? Where can I get one that I might even be able to wire in myself? I have knowledge on electrical systems (diagrams, simple circuits, etc) but nothing as complex as making my own up. Has anyone replaced their OEM flasher unit with an electrical one?

TIA.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Brando   Electricals Question   Jun 24 2006, 03:39 PM
alpha434   Go to radio shack dot com and order one of their i...   Jun 24 2006, 03:43 PM
Brando   I found one. Not bad! Adjustable Flashing Unit...   Jun 24 2006, 04:05 PM
alpha434   Excellent find, brandon. So are you going to wire ...   Jun 24 2006, 04:54 PM
Brando   I think I'll run one for both sides and the ha...   Jun 24 2006, 05:33 PM
lapuwali   The current the LEDs draw will be well under 1A. ...   Jun 24 2006, 05:52 PM
Engman   Having just designed an led system for a euro prod...   Jun 24 2006, 06:15 PM
jk76.914  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:05 AM