Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What size CV's do I have?
GWN7
post Jun 28 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #1

King of Road Trips

Group: Members
Member No.: 56
Region Association: Northstar Region

So it runs. Drove it tonight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I looked like this afterwards (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

But while finishing it up I found I was short one CV plate (plate is what Porsche calls them). Guess the guys that dropped the Schnorr washers also dropped the plate. NP I thought, I'll just use one off the parts car. I slide it on and start to hand tighten the bolts and it binds. WTF!! I pull it off and one of the original ones that I had just put on and compare.

The stock CV plate is on top of the one from the car in picture 1 and the two side by side in picture 2

So what size/type CV's do I have?

I'm guessing the output flanges are different than stock also, for the CV to bolt up to it?

The bolts are a couple mm longer than stock also. I tryed to use ones off the parts car and they wouldn't tighten down.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joseph Mills
post Jun 28 2006, 09:48 PM
Post #2

on a Sonoma diet now...

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

[quote name='GWN7' date='Jun 28 2006, 10:31 PM' post='715255']
So it runs. Drove it tonight. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I looked like this afterwards (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

I "feel" your joy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

"The stock CV plate is on top of the one from the car in picture 1 and the two side by side in picture 2

So what size/type CV's do I have? "

The top pic is the very same as my "plates"

Maybe the other "plate" is VW? More knowledgeable than I will respond. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

"The bolts are a couple mm longer than stock also. I tryed to use ones off the parts car and they wouldn't tighten down."

VW bus?

Dang! I'm lost as you are. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Glad to hear that it's a runnin'!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 10:28 PM