Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size CV's do I have?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
So it runs. Drove it tonight. biggrin.gif I looked like this afterwards w00t.gif

But while finishing it up I found I was short one CV plate (plate is what Porsche calls them). Guess the guys that dropped the Schnorr washers also dropped the plate. NP I thought, I'll just use one off the parts car. I slide it on and start to hand tighten the bolts and it binds. WTF!! I pull it off and one of the original ones that I had just put on and compare.

The stock CV plate is on top of the one from the car in picture 1 and the two side by side in picture 2

So what size/type CV's do I have?

I'm guessing the output flanges are different than stock also, for the CV to bolt up to it?

The bolts are a couple mm longer than stock also. I tryed to use ones off the parts car and they wouldn't tighten down.
Joseph Mills
[quote name='GWN7' date='Jun 28 2006, 10:31 PM' post='715255']
So it runs. Drove it tonight. biggrin.gif I looked like this afterwards w00t.gif

I "feel" your joy! biggrin.gif

"The stock CV plate is on top of the one from the car in picture 1 and the two side by side in picture 2

So what size/type CV's do I have? "

The top pic is the very same as my "plates"

Maybe the other "plate" is VW? More knowledgeable than I will respond. biggrin.gif

"The bolts are a couple mm longer than stock also. I tryed to use ones off the parts car and they wouldn't tighten down."

VW bus?

Dang! I'm lost as you are. biggrin.gif

Glad to hear that it's a runnin'!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.