Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need help with my Shifter/Clutch, Pops out of fifth gear when under throttle.
brokenmoped
post Jun 28 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,152

Recently I've been having trouble with my shifter, or perhaps my clutch. Here's what happens: while I'm driving on the freeway (the only time I'm in fifth gear for long periods of time), cruising at about 70mph (about 3500rpms) the shifter pops out of fifth and into neutral. I've also noticed that when I'm hard on the throttle, the shifter itself physically moves a few centimeters towards neutral, sometimes popping out of gear. It doesn't do this for any other gears and I'm certain the clutch has been replaced ~20k miles ago. Here's another thing...I have a Weltmeister short shift kit that the PO installed.

Up until recently (last 3 days or so) shifting has been fine and without any problems whatsoever (I make it a point to never misshift). So am I looking at a slipping clutch or is it my shifter that is on the fritz?

Thanks,

Corey
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
brokenmoped   Need help with my Shifter/Clutch   Jun 28 2006, 09:36 PM
john rogers   Sounds like broken engine and/or trans mounts to m...   Jun 28 2006, 11:35 PM
So.Cal.914   Rubber mounts will allow the engine/trans to move ...   Jun 29 2006, 12:37 AM
brokenmoped  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:57 PM