Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The season is upon us, Watch out for these little buggers
So.Cal.914
post Jun 29 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #21

"...And it has a front trunk too."

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,658
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jhadler @ Jun 29 2006, 09:33 AM) *

QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jun 29 2006, 07:27 AM) *

Wow, how appropriate. I have my shop at the b-inlaws, where he has his wood working shop. On Monday he was bitten by a brown recluse on his leg. It has swollen up and he's in a lot of pain. BTW, he's allgeric to penacillin and ibuprofen...

-- Rob

Are you sure it was a Brown Recluse?

Rob, he really should see a doc about that. Recluse venom is -nasty-. the swelling and pain is not an infection, it's the venom destroying the surrounding tissue. The longer it sits there, the more damage it does. Really, get him to see a doc today. Most likley they'll irrigate and probably excise some tissue, but that venom is bad news. Not that I'd want a bite from either, but I'd have to choose the widow over a recluse if I had to.

The necrotic wound from a recluse bite can be really gross, and can take a very long time to heal (weeks to months). See a doc.

-Josh2
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 10:27 PM