Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What SCCA class am I?, 73 1.7 914
914forme
post May 28 2008, 04:58 AM
Post #21

Times a wastin', get wrenchin'!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,388
Region Association: None

You could also see if you have a NASA auto-x club in your region. Rules are a little easier to play in in the fact that you add one mod it will not usually bump you a class. Unless it is a set of racing slicks. But it has some 914 punishment rules in it. Driving one I understand why we get punished so hard, it does not seem fair. But guess what it is, for the most part. And all sanctioning bodies have issues in some way shape or form.

You could also run PCA where things might be a little more leanant. But in my area the driver talent for Auto-x just is not there to push me hard enough. Sorry guys your a great bunch.

And there is always run with a different Make club. Corvette guys around here put on one hell of an auto-x, but you run x-class. So I run against anything that shows up, no Corvette. Kinda fun to drop in a put a smack-down on a bunch of vettes.

Stock is stock. Bushings, big bars, big springs, wider wheels, etc.... All bump you out.

BTW, euro carbs where dual single barrels, much like some of the bus engines over here, twin solexs. 32mm venturies I think, could look that up to lazy right now.

Driver skill is where it is at, then mods. I learned more driving a 1990 miata on crappy all-seasons, then I have ever learned running my 914 with its prep. But the 914 runs way faster times. And I am not a look at me I drive a Miata kind of guy.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 11:51 AM