Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kumho Victoracers, how much -camber?
sww914
post Jun 29 2006, 08:44 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,146
Region Association: None

I've just installed camber plates in the front, now that I can adjust to whatever I want, how much negative camber should I run? I'm going to modify the rear to get more -camber also, I should be able to adjust to any settings that I desire.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DanT
post Jun 29 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 29 2006, 07:44 PM) *

I've just installed camber plates in the front, now that I can adjust to whatever I want, how much negative camber should I run? I'm going to modify the rear to get more -camber also, I should be able to adjust to any settings that I desire.

With stock camber boxes etc....I am running -2.25 in front and -2.75+ in the rear.

205x50x15 Victors on 5.5" Fuchs with 3/4" spacers in front and 1/2" spacers in the rear.
The tires are wearing very evenly at these settings.

My car is VERY low. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jun 30 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #3

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

what kind of camber plates? i doubt that you'll be able to get more than -2.5 without getting out the die grinder. maybe with decambered balljoints thrown in the mix...

http://www.elephantracing.com/suspension/b...11balljoint.htm

anyway, for an aggressive driver in a track-914, i think it's hard to get too much -camber. i'm running about -3 on my front end, and i still can't get the inside of the tire to wear. back end is fine at around -2.5.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 30 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #4

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jun 30 2006, 01:09 PM) *

what kind of camber plates? i doubt that you'll be able to get more than -2.5 without getting out the die grinder. maybe with decambered balljoints thrown in the mix...

http://www.elephantracing.com/suspension/b...11balljoint.htm

anyway, for an aggressive driver in a track-914, i think it's hard to get too much -camber. i'm running about -3 on my front end, and i still can't get the inside of the tire to wear. back end is fine at around -2.5.

I with my car fairly slammed I can only grab about -2 in the front. I know Nathan has his ground out to grab more. I couldnt stomach grinding my car. I'm sure that eventually I'll do something.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jun 30 2006, 02:29 PM
Post #5

Member Emeritus

keep in mind, the lower you go on a stock front end, the more static -camber you'll be able to achieve -- but the less dynamic -camber you'll gain in bump. it you go TOO low, it's possible to actually gain +camber in bump.

grinding the car isn't hard or even terribly intrusive. a little grind of the back can free up some castor, too, if you're so inclined. check the rule book before cutting, though.
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jun 30 2006, 04:56 PM
Post #6

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433

Didnt notice those decambered ball joints - thats cool!
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jun 30 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #7

Member Emeritus

yeah, $350 cool!
+Quote Post
sww914
post Jun 30 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

My car is hardly a virgin, more like an old retired whore working at 7-11, so I reamed her good, and now it looks like about -3 degrees in front. I'll measure it soon, when my camber guage shows up next week.
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jun 30 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #9

Member Emeritus

QUOTE(sww914 @ Jun 30 2006, 06:01 PM) *

My car is hardly a virgin, more like an old retired whore working at 7-11, so I reamed her good, and now it looks like about -3 degrees in front. I'll measure it soon, when my camber guage shows up next week.

lmfao... we should all drive old retired whores... feel less guilt abusing them.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:42 AM