Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT - Le TOUR DE FRANCE comes in my town, Some 914 stuff included ... and tons of pictures
Flat VW
post Jul 14 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #41

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,105

(IMG:http://floydlandis.com/gallery/albums/album03/2006_Tour_de_France_453.thumb.jpg)

Good Day johannes!

I am sorry for the Bastille Day part.

John (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
johannes
post Jul 14 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #42

Club Porsche 914 France President

Member No.: 5,409
Region Association: France

Yep ! shouldn't go to work today ... bus as I am an artist, I am my own boss, and I decided to work today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
Flat VW
post Jul 14 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #43

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Member No.: 3,105

QUOTE(johannes @ Jul 14 2006, 07:30 AM) *

Yep ! shouldn't go to work today ... bus as I am an artist, I am my own boss, and I decided to work today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Your boss is not nice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

John
+Quote Post
1bad914
post Jul 14 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 2,028

My son went to the tour last year, he went to the mountain stages, he rode up them before race went thru, he said it was almost impossible and he is a Cat 2 rider. He is in a produced video of last years race, he was taking pictures of Lance as he went by and the announcer made a comment that that spectator was too close...thats my son. He said it was the best thing he has ever done!
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post Jul 14 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #45

Arrrrhhhh!

Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jul 4 2006, 09:55 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jul 4 2006, 07:57 PM) *

...I was an Eddy Merckx fan in the mid 1970's as a kid.

Few years ago someone said to me Lance was the greatest athlete ever. To that I said he wasn't even the greatest cyclist ever. Eddy was just a bike riding machine. I read somewhere he averaged a win a week for his entire career.

I'm a Ulrich fan myself. His timetrial in the 2003 tour was unreal. Lance almost killed himself to stay within a mintue of him. Also a fan on Pantani. Sad to see him go.

I think Lance is the most inspirational athelete ever. I have a good sense of what is like to compete at a international level in this sport and I know what aggressive chemo therapy, radiation and surgery does to ones physical and mental abilities. Lance also is the first one to say Eddy was the best ever, however I would agree he was one of the best atheletes ever. He brought a whole new training displine to cycling, he innovated new techniques and his consitency in winning the tour was an incredible accomplishment. To have these accomplishments after almost dying from cancer is super human.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 05:03 AM