Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VOLTAGE GAUGE, Lights up but not reading...
TINCAN914
post Jul 6 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #1

Summer's Commin...

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,611
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I went over and bought a voltage gauge the other day, not OEM, but a gauge just the same. The directions are for sheet, so I called just to verify installation. I was directed to wire it directlyto the battery and I should be good to go. Well I hooked it up to the factory gauge power source, so that the light wasn't on all the time. Well it ligts up, but when the car is running, I don't get a reading, the needle dosen't move. So either I have wired it wrong, (most likely), or it's defective.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

Bueller..... Bueller....... Bueller.... ? Can anyone help me out? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Thanks
Brian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post Jul 6 2006, 09:05 AM
Post #2

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

check to make sure the bolts are not too long....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
oh, and make sure you don;t lock it in the trunk either. it won't do you any good in there

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
TINCAN914
post Jul 6 2006, 09:12 AM
Post #3

Summer's Commin...

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 6 2006, 07:05 AM) *

check to make sure the bolts are not too long....(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
oh, and make sure you don;t lock it in the trunk either. it won't do you any good in there

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I can always count on you for help.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Smart ass. Didn't your mother evertell you if you don't have someting nice to say, to just shut the F&@* up.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
BMartin914
post Jul 6 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #4

|||

Member No.: 2,128
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 6 2006, 07:12 AM) *

I can always count on you for help.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Smart ass. Didn't your mother evertell you if you don't have someting nice to say, to just shut the F&@* up.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

This is actually quite out of character for greg. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)

Ahhh, Brian, the search feature is a wonderful thing!

Adding a Voltage Meter

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post
TINCAN914
post Jul 6 2006, 10:17 AM
Post #5

Summer's Commin...

QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Jul 6 2006, 07:38 AM) *

This is actually quite out of character for greg. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)

Adding a Voltage Meter

Thanks Ben, I didn't see this list earlier, I did look, but didn't really see what I was looking for...... Out of character, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) it's just one of the many services, that he offers... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
BMartin914
post Jul 6 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #6

|||

Member No.: 2,128
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 6 2006, 08:17 AM) *

QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Jul 6 2006, 07:38 AM) *

Adding a Voltage Meter

Thanks Ben, I didn't see this list earlier, I did look, but didn't really see what I was looking for...... Out of character, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) it's just one of the many services, that he offers... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I don't know what services he has offered you... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 10:43 AM